Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BSA email for sensitive and private data

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

we received both a call and some emails from a company called BSA (which seems that work for/with Adobe, Autodesk, and others) . They want several private documents and sensitive informations, regarding the Adobe license for the company which I work for. 

Every Adobe software is legally purchased, but, since we bought the software from Adobe we need an official mail from them, in order to send all the sensitive data to this BSA company.

As all of you perfectly know the fake companies or the scams.

It's very difficult to contact or chatting with the Adobe help centre or with an operator, so please I kindly ask for an official Adobe nuber or a mail which I can use to dialogue with them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a teams or enterprise subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a review with the BSA and it was fine.  They ask us to provide some usage information, explained some license terms and we realised that we had used more licenses than we needed to. I did not realise that CC All Apps included Acrobat so we were assigning the same license twice.  Saved us money in the end.  We did need some licenses for other things but they told us that we would need to speak to our reseller or buy from the Adobe website.  It was re-assuring they did not want payment so knew it was not a scam.

These people saying its a scam, get your lawyer etc.  Just check your usage and if you need licenses then just buy some.  If you dont need any, then there is nothing to worry about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me just say this is a huge, asinine, waste of time! Adobe initiates this "Audit" on their own customers to enforce that we are using their products correctly and not loaning them out somehow, which is not possible. Just know, that you have no choice, or Adobe, who you probably pay thousands of dollars a year for licenses, can pull them all if you do not comply with this ridiculous intrusion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bryon33195795ylh8 so in other words, your company agreed to the terms in their contract which stipulates this is a possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines