• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a managed package also be edited using Adobe Customization Wizard?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created a managed package for Adobe Acrobat Pro and for example turned off self install updates.

I downloaded the file,extracted it and ran setup.exe and that customization seemed to work as in the help menu there is no update choice!  That is my first question, is that a valid test to show customization worked?

My most important question is, I wanted to go one step further and using the Adobe customization wizard to see what other modifications can be done?  Is this even possible?  Is this recommended?  I assume no.

My testing comes results come up with anwer is No.

Extracted the zip file.

I went to edit the first adobe MSI package when drilling down into the extracted zip folder (Acrobat DC v1) and wizard returned error.   ( this is where the setup.exe file is also located )

I then drilled down deeper into the folder structure where I found the acropro.msi and mst file.  I tried to open that and wizard opened it up.

I made some changes and it saved.  I then ran setup again but I can't verify if any of the changes actually took. 

Some of the changes 

disable sharepoint

disable onedrive

supresss EULA

export path for PDF "F" drive

I can't find any of these settings to verify, does that mean they are turned off?

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. I've read your top link.  not sure why the amazon links below it are there.

The link discusses another persons question, which isn't really applicable to mine, that I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines