• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you activate Acrobat pro DC without signing in

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to purchase Acrobat Pro DC volume license for a number of employees all the time. The only documentation I can find on activating it says to sign in with my account.

This means I have 20 people with my name in the top right corner of their Acrobat. 

I am trying to support a professional environment with a user base that has to purchase through me, and I am looking for a way to avoid the home user sign in experience of "oh look it's Nancy's Acrobat, isn't that neat"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

I have found a way around the problem.

If I login on the PC which needs the install of the VL, using the Domain Admin login.  Then activate the VL using my account.  My name will show up on the Domain Admin login Acrobat, but not under the Acrobat of any other user once they login to the PC.

I just have to make sure that all activations are done under the admin account to prevent the users from seeing the purchasers name on their Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have made a volume purchase with Adobe, that is the simplest way. If you already purchased 20 copies, you might contact Adobe about changing them to a volume license set that you control. If you continue with 20 copies, you will have to create 20 separate Adobe IDs. Unfortunately, the IDs are e-mail addresses, so you will need 20 aliases for your e-mail account if you want to maintain the control. I am not totally sure of the difference of the S/N and subscription versions in terms of registration, but both would need different IDs for registration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in the original post. It is a Volume License.  Each user that needs Acrobat Pro DC beyond the original set purchased has to purchase an additional License but not key. It is all the same key/serial as it is a Volume License.  Regardless of this fact, it still requires me to sign in to activate the license as I am the one who purchased the account.  This was not the case with Acrobat Pro XI  or any previous versions.  I also do not have to use alternate accounts when signing in as it is a single Volume License purchased under one account, I sign in with one email address on all the users I activate.

What I want is to not sign in.. to activate with just a key, or a code, or a keyfile, or someway to keep my name off the many employees copies of Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found a way around the problem.

If I login on the PC which needs the install of the VL, using the Domain Admin login.  Then activate the VL using my account.  My name will show up on the Domain Admin login Acrobat, but not under the Acrobat of any other user once they login to the PC.

I just have to make sure that all activations are done under the admin account to prevent the users from seeing the purchasers name on their Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines