• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Desktop app displays white screen

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have two client systems when the CC desktop app is clicked on, pops a box with a white background instead of asking for credentials. Prior to yesterday, both installations worked. Reinstalling the app does not resolve the issue. I've considered removing and reinstalling the app, but I am not sure whether the desktop app will affect the installed CC applications and the user's customizations.

Thanks for your imput and attention.

ArmsUnfurled.

TOPICS
Teams , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Techburner,

Found we were missing firewall whitelistings for a couple urls, adding them has resolved this issue for those users who have refreshed their policies.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Here is the fix for Windows. The problem is with some Internet Explorer setting.

For anyone else having this issue on Windows, where loading a CC application (Premiere, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc) will show a blank white screen popup (which will happen when loading or after entering login credentials), just reset your Internet Explorer settings and the CC apps work again.

Reset your Internet Explorer settings through Tools menu -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Reset Internet Explorer settings s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly try to change the network connectivity and confirm if you are still getting the same blank page when opening the creative cloud app. You can use a creative cloud cleaner tool to remove the creative cloud app only and can re-install again.

Here is the link to download the removal tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html#ma...

Use the alternate download link to download the installer: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html#Problemsinst....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Techburner,

Thank you for your input. We see the same error after changing connectivity.

Removed the desktop app with the cc-cleanertool. Restarted computer and installed the cc desktop app.
After installation completes successfully and the desktop app opens, a blue banner is displayed and references error code: 505 (Failed to lower privileges.).
The error code and solutions KB for 505 States to uninstall beyondtrust powerbroker (not installed).
System is up to date.
This was a local installation.
The secondary Logon windows service was not running.

Removed the desktop app with the cc-cleanertool.
Restarted computer. Checked the secondary logon service was running.
Installed the cc desktop app.
After installation completes successfully and the desktop app opens, a blue banner is displayed and references error code: 505 (Failed to lower privileges.). The app continued to work, but was showing red button with a white "!" on the cloud icon in the right hand end of the ribbon. Clicking the update link progresses to 45% then fails with "Sorry we couldn't update the app. Error Code 505."

So I checked the adobe installation log and searched for error code: 505. 

From the install log the relevent info:
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 2 fatal error(s), 3 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 505) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'KANC-mul', version:1.0.1.22
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: KANC-mul Version: 1.0.1.22). Error code: '505'
ERROR: Privilege lowering failed PU_CreateProcessWithTokenW! Error: 1314
ERROR: Failed to launch hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe for install UWP with error code 1314
ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error failed to launch hdhelper.exe (delevated) for installing UWP appx with error code 1314
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any thougths/ suggestions?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally was able to make contact with Support. The technician did the following:

Connected to a hotspot for internet connectivity. 

1. Close CCD and run uninstaller 
2. Delete folders from below locations-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe
>> Adobe Creative Cloud
>> Adobe Creative Cloud Experience

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
>> Adobe Desktop Common

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
>> Adobe Desktop Common

C:\Program Files\Adobe
Adobe Creative Cloud

3. Run installer ACCCx5_0_0_354

Having user test.

====

Looks like this may be part of the issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/ports-and-ips-to-be-open-permitted-in-firewall-to-downloa... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When user logged in gets "cc desktop needs to be repaired"....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly close all Adobe services from task manager/activity monitor and give read/write permission to Adobe folders. Please find the location of the folder below:

> C: >> Program Files x86 >> Common files >> Adobe

> C: >> Program Files x86 >> Adobe

> C: >> Program Data (hidden folder) >> Adobe

Also, try to connect the machine to an external network and check if you are still getting the prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Techburner,

Found we were missing firewall whitelistings for a couple urls, adding them has resolved this issue for those users who have refreshed their policies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done it, didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the fix for Windows. The problem is with some Internet Explorer setting.

For anyone else having this issue on Windows, where loading a CC application (Premiere, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc) will show a blank white screen popup (which will happen when loading or after entering login credentials), just reset your Internet Explorer settings and the CC apps work again.

Reset your Internet Explorer settings through Tools menu -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Reset Internet Explorer settings section and press the "Reset..." button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post, but google found this page. I am having the same issue with Adobe Creative Cloud.

What "Tools menu" are you talking about? Where is this menu? Please be specific and assume I know nothing.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this and didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other ideas? When I pull up Creative Cloud desktop I just get a white screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no relable fix.  Its been happening for years but Adobe always blames it on something else.  But somehow this is the only program I have ever had that has had this problem for years.  Why Adobe will not take reponsabily for the issue is beyound me.  Its always just resinstall after it happens.  Why do I need to reinstall after every time I star my PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try this? Reset your Internet Explorer settings through Tools menu -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Reset Internet Explorer settings section and press the "Reset..." button. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Tools menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll second it that this has to do with IE.  I uninstalled IE and Edge, and the white screen was immediatly corrected.  Thanks!

Designing Delightful Interactions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines