• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud on a virtual PC on a server farm?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to install Creative Cloud and more importantly Premiere Pro/Photoshop/After Effects/Audition onto a "virtual PC" that would live on a sever farm at my work, accessing it via my work PC?

The thinking is that the server farm provides all the processing power and storage capacity I would ever need.

It would only be me using it, at least to begin with.

Or does the software HAVE to be installed locally on the PC?

And if this is doable, any cons to doing it this way? 

What kind of license is needed to do it this way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Based on this KB nothing prevents you from doing so:

Technical support boundaries for virtualized or server-based environments | CS

However the article is old (2016) and things might have changed.

This paragraph seems on point:

Adobe has conducted limited testing of some Creative Suite products in virtualized or server-based environments. These tests are usually for basic functionality: the ability to open the application, create a document, save the document, and quit. This testing is basic in nat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on this KB nothing prevents you from doing so:

Technical support boundaries for virtualized or server-based environments | CS

However the article is old (2016) and things might have changed.

This paragraph seems on point:

Adobe has conducted limited testing of some Creative Suite products in virtualized or server-based environments. These tests are usually for basic functionality: the ability to open the application, create a document, save the document, and quit. This testing is basic in nature. Adobe recommends that you test your workflows in an evaluation version of these products before deciding whether to use one of these products. Testing is the only way to truly ensure that this kind of solution meets your needs.

Adobe does not speculate whether any particular virtualization product meets any specific need. The virtualization product must meet the Adobe solution's system requirements. Pay particular attention to any resource or performance constraints that could impact your productivity or efficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I had seen that.

It's a pretty wishy washy statement IMHO.

Basically "maybe it will, maybe it won't".

There is a lot more to Premiere, After effects, photo shop etc than "open the program, a file , then close" that we need to worry about working.  LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is true. You have to test your specific setup and figure out if it fits your needs. Adobe cannot answer that 🙂

Based on the article nothing should prevent you from using a virtual server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You have to test your specific setup and figure out if it fits your needs. Adobe cannot answer that"

Well, then, if that is the standard of support, then that should apply to ANY PC.  LOL

Yet there are pages and pages of documentation etc on PC platforms.

I have been an Adobe user for decades and sadly it seems that support is going more and more this way.....less of the "we want to fix this issue/keep you as a customer" and more of the "you are on your own to figure it out".

In any regard, they should still be able to answer the licensing questions.

I was actually more hoping to hear from actual users as to their own experiences surrounding enterprise/VPC usage.

I can't be the only one interested in this.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The licensing question appears to be answered in the KB article. There also a reference to the EULA what would clarify any licensing issues.

Adobe Support should be able to answer licensing questions, but I agree that support overall have been disappointing for ages. Once you reach 2. or 3. level supporters they are generally more knowledgeable based on my 20+ years experience.

I don't have any personal experience with running eg. After Effects in a virtual environment, so I hope that someone else can provide you with guidance.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines