• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud packager downloads SLOW!

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here it is September of 2017, and I am #1 having to remote into a remote network to use CC Packager, so it doesn't suck up all the bandwidth here at work (20M/20M fibre), which is where I purchased it for, otherwise I won't be able to finish downloading a single CC package, because it will literally down my branches' MPLS connections to the main hub here, just packager BY ITSELF and #2 so I can let it take forever to download on a 30 Mbps / 5 Mbps network elsewhere, and then tonight transfer it physically to a thumbdrive, so I can bring it back here to work tomorrow via my freaking car, so I can finally get my users their g#$ D#$m software before next decade. LOL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Hi douglasb73297568 ,

I really apologize about the troubles you have had with CCP.

It entirely depends on your bandwidth, how fast the download completes.

I have build multiple package at my home computer and it takes somewhere about 7-8 minutes to build a package with three apps, PS Bridge and LR

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and also, BTW, troubleshooting networking issues, although appreciated for the attempt at helpfulness, after hearing from the 50th person, 50th network, etc. is just silly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion and moving the discussion to the Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi douglasb73297568 ,

I really apologize about the troubles you have had with CCP.

It entirely depends on your bandwidth, how fast the download completes.

I have build multiple package at my home computer and it takes somewhere about 7-8 minutes to build a package with three apps, PS Bridge and LR

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that this is client bandwidth-related but rather lack of CDN bandwidth or throttling at the Adobe source.

I have built a 1.7GB Adobe DC package and the download time is consistently >12 minutes from a download connection averaging 80Mbps on a shared 300Mbps link.

As douglasb73297568​​  mentions, this is _much_ slower than the delivery speeds that most users (business or consumers) expect from enterprise software vendors. I would expect this to take about half that time. If source throttling is being used to reduce the speed of downloads then customers should be advised to expect that package downloads will be significantly slower than normal so that they can manage deployment schedules accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is patent nonsense. I'm on a fast network with 160 mb download speed.

No other download causes me issue, Just adobe cc packager. 

I've now been waiting over 20 minutes for an Adobe cc package consisisting of just Acrobat DC.

The only way it comes down in a stable manner is using a downloadmanager.

Every other major package I use just downloads normally in seconds

It has to be an issue at the Adobe end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT the answer! Please take off the green "Correct Answer". We are network admins and know what is happening! This is an intermittent go slow at the Adobe end. Most of the time it is OK but sometimes just very slow. 

BTW Subscription models like CC are unethical. Adobe are driven by massive greed and nothing else. CC is also a blatent manipulation and monopoly of the market. Adobe should be in jail. Many people on this planet do not have access to the internet or very little access at all. What an awful greedy company Adobe are! IMHO LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on 1GBit connection and Premier Pro PKG is taking forever (on 3% after ten minutes) this is not my network issue this is Adobe throttling its bandwidth.  We pay BIG money for this and Adobe are holding our software to ransom. Poor show Adobe. We have a few hundred licenses worth a fortune and for what? A very very long wait to download just one app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am waiting for Premier Pro download on admin console and I am receiving 3-10 hours to download 2.4GB. My network speed is 150MB download 177upload (School district) and nothing is throttling it on our end as I can download large files much quicker than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, here we still are.. Trying to download a full install package, at only 5% after 45min. Ridiculous. Where exactly is ALL that subscription money going too?!?!? Unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And they have not addressed anything....still slow as ever. I am on a fiber optic 1Gb Connection. Every other server/website/file I try to access or download is 1,000,000 times faster. Nothing is blocking or throttling (I am the IT Manager) I know my network! This sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here 1GB and down speed for 7app package (9GB) shows 5days... GUYS FIVE DAYS!!! :DD This is such joke....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Correct Answer" is WRONG. Our organisation has a dedicated gigabit connection yet I have to wait 6 hours for two applications. Totally unacceptable after all the sunscription fees we have to pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your company ip address being accurately identified when you connect to adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe needs to increase their bandwidth for downloads from Admin Center at a minimum.  It's been slower than industry standard since the beginning of time.  Nothing wrong with the client side, it's just Adobe's terrible CDN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines