• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Team Plan Cancellation Fee

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I get to the point to cancel some of our CC subscriptions (after the super-cumbersome team cancellation flow), the agent mentioned a horrid number my company should pay as a cancellation fee. I hope someone has experience with this scenario, as I already spent too much hours with their support. 

I read through the terms again (quoted below) and based on that it's not clear for me and couldn't find any doc or entry about this topic in details:
if I push the cancelletion to the end of the year (payment annivarsary), do I still need to pay the 50% cancellation fee?
Or I need to pay that fee anyways?

If there's an option to avoid by pushing the cancelletion when should I reach out to support, the end of the given year? 

We are in the following scenario:

"Annual contract, paid monthly

[...]
Cancellation Terms

You can cancel your subscription anytime via your Adobe Account page or by contacting Customer Support*. If you cancel within 14 days of your initial order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged a lump sum amount of 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period."

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Licensing , Manage account , Teams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

To put it another way... the cancellation fee is 50% of the cost remaining to be paid in the year contracted for. In the last month of the year, you have paid the entire year's cost so the cancellation fee is 50% of nothing = nothing. You may have been given the impression that the cancellation fee is always half a year's bill, but that is not the case. 

There is, sadly, no way to ask for a cancellation to be automatically done in a future month, or to cancel auto renew.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query here.

I understand that you wish to understand if there will be Cancellation fee associated anytime you wish to Cancel the Subscription after 14 days.

I would like to inform you that you can go ahead and Cancel the Subscription during the Renewal period ( from 30 days before the Contract Renewal date until the Renewal date) without paying the early termination fee. 

For example, if you have purchased your Teams Subscription in 1st August 2020, than your Account Renewal Date will be 1st August 2021. You will not be charged the Cancellation fee in the following scenarios : 

1. You cancel within first 14 days i.e., 1st to 14th August 2020, and 

2. You initiate cancellation from 1st July 2021 to 1st August 2021 ( assuming the Subscription Start Date is 1st Aug 2020).

Hope that helps. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To put it another way... the cancellation fee is 50% of the cost remaining to be paid in the year contracted for. In the last month of the year, you have paid the entire year's cost so the cancellation fee is 50% of nothing = nothing. You may have been given the impression that the cancellation fee is always half a year's bill, but that is not the case. 

There is, sadly, no way to ask for a cancellation to be automatically done in a future month, or to cancel auto renew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are awesome, thank you very much! :glowing_star: This was exactly what I was looking for! 🙏

"50% of the cost remaining to be paid in the year contracted for" is the key here.

Will set a reminder for the weeks before the renewal date then. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply @Dj_Creative_Enthusiast this piece was quite clear. I was looking for the explanation of the 50% reduction I marked as the correct answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines