Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud unable to use proxy in WIn7

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all.

i'm on a company workstation, with company-wide proxy settings.

recently we switched proxy and creative cloud is not working anymore.

more precisley, the new app(5) for win10 perfectly works with the new proxy, while on win7 the old app (4.9) cannot connect.

migrating all PCs to win 10 currently is not an option, so i was wondering if there's a way to force the new version of the app on win7. or, if there's a difference in login management between the two (for example servers reached etc) that is not accessible via app settings that we can manually tune.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

It does seem like the new PAC configuration is somehow not fully working with Creative Cloud Desktop 4.9. I would suggest opening a support case via your Admin Console to have someone look at the new PAC configuration script.

The new version of the Creative Cloud Desktop application (5.x) only gets installed on Windows 10, not Windows 7, as it is not compatible with Windows 7. For those older installations, version 4.9 will be installed.

As a workaround, can you put the address of your proxy ser

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is with the main adobe creative cloud app, as stated in the post. it's in the post tittle also..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the change in behaviour start when the latest version was released?

How exactly are you implementing your proxy server settings? Which boxes do you have ticked in the proxy configuration window, and have you tried disabling automatic proxy detection and only using the hostname and port number of the server, to potentially rule-out an issue with the automatic detection or PAC configuration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the issue came when we switched proxy autoconfig script, from an old corporate proxy to a new one.

this is set via internet explorer connection settings and not using the CC app.

there's no connection setting in this app (not in the preferences at least).

needless to say that on windows7 the CC app working is version 4.9.0.504.

if we keep using the old proxy script this win7 app works ok. if we switch to the new one it won't work.

the new proxy is set to let free connection to the entire adobe domain, so the issues is not the proxy.

this is confirmed also because we have a test PC with windows 10, that runs the latest CCapp version (5.xx), and here it works correctly.

the problem is that our old corporate proxy is going to be switched off for enterprise policy and we will be unable to use adobe softwares unless we solve the issue, and by now the only solution i see is to try to run the creative cloud 5.x version on windows 7, but it does not seem compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem like the new PAC configuration is somehow not fully working with Creative Cloud Desktop 4.9. I would suggest opening a support case via your Admin Console to have someone look at the new PAC configuration script.

The new version of the Creative Cloud Desktop application (5.x) only gets installed on Windows 10, not Windows 7, as it is not compatible with Windows 7. For those older installations, version 4.9 will be installed.

As a workaround, can you put the address of your proxy server in the hostname/port fields of the proxy configuration window you access via Internet Explorer? This is the configuration used for all applications, there is no proxy configuration window in Creative Cloud Desktop as it uses these system settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

honestly, this adobe policy that certain things will only get Win10 compatibility is a total shame.

i understand that newer app need newer OSes, but i cannot even download and install older version off apps i use (premier, and AE). at least the basic creative cloud app should be the same for each OS..

this is sterile debate, but ffs my company is paying a service i can only use at 50%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines