• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud update to 2019 now all apps Trial

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a 100 device license for Creative Cloud that does not expire until July 2019.  Today I updated to the latest versions of the apps which appear to be 2019 versions, and now all the apps say 'Start Trial' and if opened, prompt me that I have 7 days.

What the heck is going on?  I would contact Adobe Support directly but frankly I had to do that earlier this summer when they failed to update our account when we renewed and all the apps stopped working...and it took them about a month to fix it and then never even contacted me to tell me it was fixed - so no faith there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Thank you all for the feedback and patience.  For more information on how to utilize CC 2019 applications see Apps not available in Creative Cloud Packager | CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 123 Replies 123
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bradyrtech, I do appreciate the feedback and will certainly pass it on.

There are plans for CC2019 applications to function in restricted and LAB environments.  Please continue to work with your Adobe reseller, so that you can be informed as soon as this feature is available for your organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, young hard working Adobe person. You are completely missing the point and it is a very big point that has absolutely nothing to do with enthusiasm. In fact, that is something of an insulting answer. The problem is that we are paying for CC, a system that Adobe created, telling us that, "Wow, kids, look at the advantages! Software always up to date. Adobe is always right there with the newest and best." Except now that is proving the lie. We can't update. There are no security fixes and  there are no promised, wonderful new tools and improvements, there is only, "No, not for you, you miserable worms who had the temerity to purchase a device license." Neither is there any suggested fix for those who must have a device license, like, wait for it, schools. Think about it, Jeff, Adobe will be deployed in computer labs in schools for graphic design, journalism and similar classes. A user license will not work for these people ... never.

So, Jeff, the problem is we are not getting that for which we have paid (notice how I avoided ending a sentence with a preposition). I want to upgrade to High Sierra but I can't because I don't know if my Adobe apps will work under it without the latest updates - web rumour suggests, not a chance.

Now, some of us (not all by any stretch, but some) could fix this problem if Adobe would just let us convert our device licenses to user licenses, but, guess what is the answer from Adobe? Say no more, say no more, Adobe says, "No can do." Why not? "Because." Not much of an answer.

Well, all of this is just silly. We didn't choose to have our licensing scheme end half way through our contracts and it isn't our fault if Adobe, with all its hundreds of engineers can't figure out how to manage this licensing problem without cutting off a whole lot of your customers.

I'm not angry with you, Jeff, far from it, you are simply someone working for what is something of a monopoly. I just want the continued software updates for which I paid. I want schools to be able to function with the software for which they have subscribed. If you can't make that happen then deploy packages at Adobe's level or allow us to change our licenses when that is a viable option, or do something at the corporate level. Again, this is not about enthusiasm, it is about consumer rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just an occasional reader since I'm not an educator in need of deploying Adobe CC apps on-site (and based on the thread the big chance exists I'll make sure I avoid being included as a party in any software owning schemes like the one being discussed) however since it definitely pertains to a possible serious breach of licensing terms and conditions by Adobe not releasing a warning in the form of statement to the affected users in due course why not think about filing a class action? Apple deals with it why can't Adobe? Excuse me for my non-contributive effort, it was just an expression of user solidarity in the face of one more instance of negligence on the part of a big corporation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I completely understand, I really do not think that as a company Adobe understand the issue.

We spent thousands of dollars in the summer renewing our device licenses. The first time that I found out the device licenses were not supported in the latest version of the program was when I posted the initial question here.  Our vendor knew nothing at the time of renewal and new nothing when this issue occurred, and all the literature from Adobe at the time of renewal mentioned nothing about this change either.

When we renewed, the expectation was that the software upgrade was part of that renewal cost as it had always been.

This is not simply a case of we want to keep using a product that we no longer can, this is a case of Adobe changing our product with zero communication with its customers at the time of renewal. 

I’m sorry, but that is simply completely unacceptable and incredibly poor business management and business practice.

We paid in good faith based on an agreement that Adobe has changed and it is Frankly upsetting that the gravitas of this situation seems to fail to have gone through and all we get is well with sorry but you can’t do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Bradyrtech.... The point is very simple, Adobe changed the terms of the agreement on people who are already purchased. When you buy the device license holder user license Harvey agreement is upgrade assurance it always has been if that was being removed Adobe should have informed us at the time of renewal for the 1819 academic year.

The fact that nobody knew about this including those I contacted add Adobe and my vendor and I didn’t even know there was a change until posting the original question here is what is upsetting and insulting.

with all due respect Jeff it is not Simply a case of us wishing to keep using something that we can’t, it’s a case of we should be able to use this because this is what we paid for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed the webinar about the new shared license plans, on Wednesday.  Does anyone know what was announced or if there's a link to view the webinar?  I've tried searching for it to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing was announced.  they didn't say anything regarding this except when we pressed them and all they did at that point was confirm what we already know (it doesn't work now and they are working on "solutions")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

We have just happend across this issue today when our trial ran out! Why did Adobe let device licences update to the new CC2019 software when it isn't supported (currently)? We only just bought these device licences been designing for a month+ which is going to cause another headache if we will need to rollback...

This simply isn't good enough Adobe, i would like my licences changed to compatible licences that works now please. There are way to many to rollback and we are partway into a course >.< with our students!

HELP US! @Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They sent out a link to a recording of a webinar that I attended that explains the new setup pretty well.

Adobe Creative Cloud and Lab Licensing Update for Primary and Secondary Education Customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically they're launching shared device licensing sometime in "early" 2019 and we're screwed until then unless you switch your license over to named user licensing. Can you at least stop the updates from showing for our device licenses? How does it make any sense that you even allow our apps to update when you know it just reverts them to trial mode and you don't even have the decency to add in the function to revert to the 2018 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So until Adobe release its new version 2019 to us, there are a couple of things you can do.  Adobe has some information about disabling upgrading: Disable auto-updates in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite 6 apps

But then I am also going to disable the users ability to launch CC itself by resetting the permission on the app.  I already do this on Mail in my instructional areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an answer. So I put the Q again....When will CC 2019 work for Device License?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue at our school.  Ball completely dropped by Adobe.  200 licenses.  They need to allow 2019 NOW or schools will not be renewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also see Msnead53 branched discussion at Acrobat Pro updated and now it is in trial mode .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired the install a new license and that didn't work. Still says trial (5 days left now). Is there any way to save down to an older version of Acrobat that is supported by Device License.

2019.008.20071 is a version of Acrobat DC that supports Device License (at least it does on my other two Macs).

If I uninstall and try to reinstall a newly created Acrobat DC 19 using the Creative Cloud Packager (only way to make packages for Device Licenses) it creates a package using the newer 2019.010.20064 version and goes right to trial mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any fix for this issue with Acrobat Pro DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Two of my users have the same problem you described => CC device licence, Acrobat Pro updated, then prompts for credentials and goes into Trial mode.

Any reinstall or re-serialize fails because as you described, the version stays the same.

Oddly, my others users don't have that problem.

My reseller sends me back to Adobe; Adobe says "you should talk to your reseller.".

Great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, would you mind explaining why Adobe won’t allow customers to migrate their licenses from devise to user when that would solve their particular issues. It would seem a simple solution for a subset of users. There seems to be a problem here with a certain institutional intransigence on Adobe’s part either to admit that you messed up with this one or to seek remedies when they are possible. i know Adobe is the only real game in town ... you really have a monopoly and you do create excellent software ... and you really don’t have to do anything to make your customers happy, but wow!

Your web presentation was excellent in explaining your motivations and plans, but does nothing to resolve the issue at hand for so many educational customers who, in really, are a massive, unpaid sales force for Adobe. In a fair world you would be paying educational institution for using your software. In fact that is something educational instutions would be wise to explore, I should think.

For me the situation is much different. I do volunteer charitable work for three small, all volunteer, non-profits and Adobe is good enough to offer us subscriptions under the educational envelope. This is truly appreciated as with any non-profit dollars are precious and that is particularly so with us because we don’t have a lot of $$ from the get-go. We are thankful to Adobe. But, we have one devise license for me. That’s it. Move me to a user license and our problem is solved. It would seem a simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Docinbc, it is as simple as CC 2019 applications do not accept device licenses.  Please work with your Creative Cloud admin or Sales representative so that you can be informed when a new solution is available.  Until then you will want to continue to perform any creative work using the CC 2018 applications in a Lab environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, did you even read my comment before flinging out an answer? Our sales representative simply tells us that Adobe (you guys) won't allow us to change our subscription mid term. I'm asking you, Adobe, why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, Docinbc, I can only tell you that the sales representative will be informed once a solution is available for CC2019 apps. 

I am happy to hear that you are currently in contact with them so that there will be no delay in any updates on a solution being provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, Jeff, you are doing your best, but maybe someone much higher in the food chain should be taking the flack headed your way. You don’t have an answer, but somebody at Adobe should be doing some serious customer pacification. I’m at a not-for-profit and don’t matter to Adobe, but schools are a different matter altogether. They are a serious sales support and a free to Adobe training resource. Adobe needs schools and schools who are happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 2019.  Are we any closer to being allowed to upgrade to the software we are licensed for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but they already have our money.  What incentive is there to actually fix this in a timely fashion?

The closest I've heard is February and that will be the "Shared Device License" where we have to create and manage user accounts for every student that wants to use the lab.

The problem now is students and faculty who have their own accounts and are already upgraded.  Now if they want to edit those documents on campus they have to save down in compatibility mode and that makes changes that are unacceptable to Graphics folks.

It is very frustrating and, as has been said, not representing the benefits we paid dearly to receive.

I'm not a child; I don't need Badges, Stickers or Gold Stars, I need ANSWERS.
In IT they come to US for answers, WE MUST find them SOMEWHERE! That's YOUR job Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been an admin for a long time and this is honestly one of the most garbage moves I've ever seen a software company make.

Playing it off as "you should talk to your reseller" is an extremely weak excuse. It's inexcusable that there is not a substitute license option not already available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines