Exit

Crook: ADMIN of an Adobe for Teams is re-selling team member access

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have been victim of an online crook.

A crook seller is re-selling across the web, subscription as a member to his Adobe for Teams licence - without telling that's a Team plan under an Enterprise licence. 

He is telling it's an individual and life-time licence! 

It turns out after you have paid and once you enter the platform you get acknowledge that it is a " team plan" and find out that an "organization name" has been put into your personal account!

The crook seller is selling worldwide across his scam sites the access to enter the team, then. 

After a while he revokes those sold member access privilege, so that you get an e-mail from Adobe telling that you have been thrown out from the ADMIN of the team.

Despite you are not able to use the tools you have paid for you still see his organization's name inside your account; that's weird, is not? 

Further more: this funny ADMIN selling the access to the team licence soon after disappears, (even deleting both his scam site and Facebook page, changing company name and starting once again) but not removing your name account from the team, why ?

I exit the organization then, as this is both a crook and a nosense; if I cannot use the tools I paid for why should I have his name inside my account then!

I guess many others have been scammed as I did; I found many feedbacks now abot this crook seller. 

Question: is he still having access to my files, in case I uploaded them in the cloud? 

TOPICS
Acrobat , Licensing , Manage account , Teams , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Thanks for reporting this issue. Could you share some more details about this organization so that we can investigate and take remedial action? For example, how/where did you find this organization. Is there an email/website that you can share that we can use to investigate?

If you used your Adobe ID to access the services, you control access to your files. So if you sign in to either https://documents.adobe.com or https://creativecloud.adobe.com and can see your files, the org does not access

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this issue. Could you share some more details about this organization so that we can investigate and take remedial action? For example, how/where did you find this organization. Is there an email/website that you can share that we can use to investigate?

If you used your Adobe ID to access the services, you control access to your files. So if you sign in to either https://documents.adobe.com or https://creativecloud.adobe.com and can see your files, the org does not access. In fact, even for plans on Storage for business, org admins don't have regular access to files; however, they do have an option to reclaim assets when a user is removed from the org.

Again, I'm sorry for your trouble and really want to thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your interest in the issue.
Of course, I can.

E-mail/website?
The organization re-selling (fake) personal and (fake) life-time Adobe licence(s) w/ a (fake) promise of reimboursement in case something is wrong is a follows:

• public name: Keyware Italia

How/where did I find this organization? 
Advertising on Facebook

The ad linked me to their e-shop page "Keyware Italia (Shopify)"

Please note that the website did not show a legal VAT number; why?

This is mandatory in most countries of Europe.

After I paid the product on sale I got an e-mail order confirmation from those "Keyware Italia" seller.
The banner in the e-mail did show "Keyware Software Licence" in fact, even if the previous information e-mail from them came from "Keydesk".
Same company has three names then? 

As I explained, once you get into the Adobe system you realize it' s a re-selling of individual member permissions of a team organization licence in an Enterprise plan.

This above company name (Keyware Italia) was shown inside my Adobe personal area then, in the "organization name" area.

Never asked to be part of an organization and they did not tell the detail on the sale page. 
Thus, it's about an Adobe for Teams licence/Enterprise plan.

That' not what was on sale, for sure.

Their e-shop offered personal and lifetime licence, not mentioning about sharing of a team licence expiring and/or being revoked after a while.  

After a while you cannot access anything.

Soon after the organization made expiring the (fake) personal & lifitime licence the seller's e-shop and Facebook page both disapperead at all

Mentioned e-shop closed, no replies to e-mails, no reimboursement for the scam - loss of money, of course! 

The seller's e-shop is redirecting to an UNACTIVE website.

Please digit the URL and check youself.

Other websites of him w/other company names (still same phone number) seem to be still active however.
Just try to google the info.

Scam victims

Many other people have been victims of this illegal re-selling / have been damaged w/loss of money and have been joked.

Public people feedbacks:

The negative feedbacks are in the same period; back in the past (2/3 months before or some weeks before) the feedbacks are positive; in fact when you buy the licence all seems to be in order, but then SURPRISE

DISCLAIMER:

all above mentioned names, e-mails and websites are public information on the web (*)

Surfing the web by Google search above data come out very easily therefore no privacy is being violated.

(*) unless they have been canceled; you might contact Google in this case

Should you need, ask me for more screenshots to be uploaded.

Hope this help to stop the abuse.

Thank you! 

[PII and 3rd party links removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vikrant, 

I replied to your question but my message is not online in this thread...

Please check and let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS:

I explained all in details and attached screenshots as well, however the post is notvisible/online ...

Do not understand reason why, because there were phone numbers and urls as well?  

Should I reply once again here or am I requested to send you a private reply message then? 

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No this is good. The Spam filters caught your original message but I got it. I've sent this on to the respective team for investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines