• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploy Adobe packages using Microsoft Intune

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can now use Microsoft Intune to deploy Windows 64-bit packages created on the Adobe Admin console.

Prerequisites

To use Intune, ensure the following criteria are met:

• Your end-user machines must use Windows 10 version 1607 or later (EnterprisePro, or Education editions).
  • The package that you download from the Adobe Admin Console must not be greater than 8 GB. (For more, read the Intune app prerequisites.)

This article guides you through the process of creating an Intune app, that you'll use to deploy Adobe Windows 64-bit packages created on the Adobe Admin Console.

1. To deploy your package using Intune, you'll first need to download the Intune Win 32 prep ToolNote: This is a one-time task.
  2. You will use the Intune Win 32 prep Tool to create an output Intune file from your Adobe package.
  3. Finally, you'll Publish the output Intune file to Microsoft Intune. Publishing the file creates an Intune app and then deploys your package to your target group.

If you have any feedback or are encountering issues or need help with something, do let us know by posting on this thread below.

TOPICS
Admin console , Deploy and package apps , Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

The install/uninstall commands if you are using the setup.exe file is

setup.exe --silent

msiexec x/ {Product ID}

Make sure to go to the MSI installer package and get the product ID and insert it there.

Honestly though, I suggest that you use the MSI package to install instead of the setup.exe package. When converting your Adobe CC Build folder, use the MSI package as your setup file. Intune will auto-populate the install and uninstall commands. Here is the article that helped me out.

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/deploy-packages-using-ms-intune.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me it still fails when intalling via Intune as I created the package as the steps in article:

What I find really weird it that it does not give a uninstall command example or how it should be. So I packaged itfirst with the MSI from the files and then you get a GUID from it. Then used the same process, but then for the executable. But still it fails to install.
Install command: setup.exe --silent

Uninstall command: msiexec /x "{D7B55527-DD87-4502-B5EF-0AC58F0220AD}" /q /norestart

Rules format
Manually configure detection rules
Detection rules
MSI {D7B55527-DD87-4502-B5EF-0AC58F0220AD}

What Am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing just the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app? Or are you installing it with Adobe Acrobat as well?

If you are installing just the ACC Desktop app, you should use the .msi when you're converting the app with the Intune Wrapping Tool. If you are installing ACC along with Acrobat, then you must use the setup.exe. 

If you're using the .msi then the install and uninstall information will auto-populate. If you're using the setup.exe file, then you will have to manually enter in the install/uninstall commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for such a quick answer,

What are the install/uninstall commands?

I tried 

setup.exe /s

and

setup.exe /x /s

and eventually had a "Failed to install' message in Company POrtal on my test device.

TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install/uninstall commands if you are using the setup.exe file is

setup.exe --silent

msiexec x/ {Product ID}

Make sure to go to the MSI installer package and get the product ID and insert it there.

Honestly though, I suggest that you use the MSI package to install instead of the setup.exe package. When converting your Adobe CC Build folder, use the MSI package as your setup file. Intune will auto-populate the install and uninstall commands. Here is the article that helped me out.

Use these steps and you'll be able to install from the company portal without fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear AbelSE95,

Many thanks for your last post.  That worked perfectly and I now have Adobe products (inclusing Acrobat) deploying succesfully over InTune.

I had an initial issue with Acrobat installing but saying it wasn't in the portal but I corrected the detection UID and all OK now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had good success with this with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere (with After Effects). They all install perfectly which is a extremely satisfying and a big step towards completing my BYOD system. 

My problem is Acrobat Pro DC, if it's deployed as its own package or bundled with Photoshop & Others in a package for example, Company Portal says successful but Acrobat DC is not visible as an desktop app in either Windows 10 or 11. The other applications in the bundle install fine. 

Is this a known issue and is a fix available or coming?

TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All i was able to install Adobe Acrobat Pro for intune 

you do not want to use the MSI file only exe is working after converting the exe to intune file 

any one want help i am ready for that .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will we get a guide for deploying MSP files for updates as well? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am getting a fatal error message when I try to push the app using both the .msi and .exe.

Do I need to leave the .msi or the .exe file in the folder with the resources and packages folder when running the Win 32 app to build the intune win32? I am testing Intune as we are moving away from Workspace One, for Workspace One, I had to upload the whole zip as the install would fail if the other files were not in the directory with the .exe or .msi. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You leave both the .msi and the .exe in there. Extract all of your zip folder and use that folder as the source folder. I had previously posted the answer if you want to scroll up and take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines