Enable the Apps tab in Creative Cloud desktop app

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Desktop app may display one of the following symptoms:

• The Apps tab is missing
  • The Apps tab displays the message: "You don't have access to manage apps."

If the Apps tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app on your computer is disabled, use one of the following methods to enable it:

• Some organizations control the apps you can install and therefore disable the Apps tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app. If you've received your Adobe plan from a school or organization, contact the IT Admin at your school or organization.
  • If you have an individual subscription plan, follow the steps on this page under 'Individual Plan users'

If you're the IT Admin at a school or organization, your can either:

TOPICS
Enterprise , Teams , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Hello found a solution. its says missing apps tab but it still applies to the issues you're having. I followed and it solved mine. So happy.

Windows: What should I do if I don't see an Apps tab? - YouTube

Mac: Adobe Creative Cloud Apps tab missing - YouTube

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

To enable the Apps Tab, please sign out from the Creative Cloud Desktop App & then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.-

1.) Navigate to the following location. Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/

2.) Locate the serviceconfig.xml file & copy it to your desktop folder. Open the file in Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (MacOS).

3.) In the serviceconfig.xml file, change the value of AppsPanel from false to

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prescibed above also worked for me.  I grabbed it from https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=99743

I am working with the vendor that our institution purchased Adobe licensing from to work with their Adobe direct contacts to resolve.  This is unacceptable.  Hundreds of our users are impacted and I am sure thousands world wide. 

Adobe fix this ASAP.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this many times and when I go into the OOBE folder there is no config file and i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a lot of times and none of that has worked any suggestions on what I should do to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one works for me as well, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe #Creative Cloud Apps tab missing. No "Apps" tab in Creative Cloud app doesn't have access to manage apps You don't have permission. Contact your IT administrator. Creative cloud Creative Cloud App - can't manage apps; don't have an IT administrator. I keep getting the "You don't have access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video was recently created by a friend of mine and explains how to fix the issue also !

https://youtu.be/jr2jlngK4wU

This video explains how to manage your own applications wen you get the error message "You dont have access to manage apps" on your Mac computer. The path which you need to navigate to : /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml Please like & Subscribe :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution:
Windows
Exit the Creative Cloud application.
Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs.
Move the ServiceConfig file to the desktop and confirm Administrator privileges if prompted.
Right-click the file and open with Notepad.
Change the following value:
<name>AppsPanel</name><visible>false</visible>
to

<name>AppsPanel</name><visible>true</visible>
Save and close the file
Move the file back to the folder it was in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs) and confirm Administrator privileges if prompted.
Restart the computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution:
Windows
Exit the Creative Cloud application.
Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs.
Move the ServiceConfig file to the desktop and confirm Administrator privileges if prompted.
Right-click the file and open with Notepad.
Change the following value:
<name>AppsPanel</name><visible>false</visible>
to

<name>AppsPanel</name><visible>true</visible>
Save and close the file
Move the file back to the folder it was in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs) and confirm Administrator privileges if prompted.
Restart the computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find Configs folder in OOBE, that's sad. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriel, 

I have reviewed your Adobe ID (email) and found that you too have a Creative Cloud Individual subscription.

Please try the steps shared for individual users here https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/apps-tab-disabled.html#individual-plan-users to resolve this issue. 

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody help? I cannot find Configs folder in OOBE 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please, help, I also have this problem and can't find Configs folder in OOBE. I also tried to clear out the OOBE folder an nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephanie, 

I have reviewed your Adobe ID (email) you have utilized to post here and found that you have a Creative Cloud Individual subscription registered on it.

Please try the steps shared for individual users here https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/apps-tab-disabled.html#individual-plan-users to resolve this issue. 

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seem to have access to the Adobe Admin Console. If you think you should, please contact your system administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are indeed an administrator of an Admin Console, please check in an incognito browser window (or private browsing session, depending on the type of browser you're using) whether you see the same error. If not, please clear your cache, and if it's still not resolved please clear your cookies, which should restore your ability to access the Admin Console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to log into the admin console. I am the only user on the account. I did was was suggested and still can't log in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kelly,

I have sent a personal email with the reason and details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a 4-year hiatus from Adobe, I'm trying to restart. MacOS Big Sur. Single user. Trying to update CC. CC Installer asks for a pw and Adobe ID password does not work. Was going to try from the admin console, but adminconsole.adobe.com says I do not have access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to have multiple e-mail addresses registered in our system, so I would suggest checking which one you are logging in with in order to access https://adminconsole.adobe.com/ or raise a support case to discuss the issue further, since we cannot discuss the specific addresses on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am also having this issue. I am the network administrator for a highschool and with my credentials that worked previously, I am unable to sign in. Before reading this article I cleared my caches and also tried in an incognito window which did not resolve the issue. Please assist me in accessing the school's Adobe licenses so that we may start installing them in our iMac lab.

Matthew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope your issue is now resolved as it seems that you admin rights under Adobe ID/Personal Account and you were signing in with the Enterprise account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to cancel my free trial but everytime I try to contact customer support it says "You don't seem to have access to the Adobe Admin Console." I cant help but feel this is to ensure that people accidentally go over their free trial and get charged. Please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trials are not administered via the Admin Console; either your system administrator can assign you a license via the console, or you can purchase a subscription directly via the Adobe website as an individual user.

Trials are activated for all users without a license for 7 days, and are independent of the Admin Console - please ask your system administrator to assign you a license, or you can purchase one if you are not part of an organisation with an enterprise contract via: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could you confirm how you are trying to access support? 

There is no need to cancel the free trial, as it will expire on its own after 7 days. You can check in your profile whether the subscription will automatically renew and charge your credit card at: https://account.adobe.com/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the issue. I forgot all about having two logins. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines