• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation fails on Mac OS 12.1

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install Adobe CC on a Mac with M1 CPU (Apple Silicon).  It fails with the following message:

An error occured during installaion.

The installation failed.

The intstaller encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.  Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Any ideas how to get this to install?
I've looked at a few other posts.  Some say to type in the install error code.  Where would I find the error code on a Mac?
Also, another post said to run   sudo chmod -R 755 NameOfYourPackageFile.pkg  from the terminal.  Tried that and the command worked fine, but the installer still fails with the same error.

This is a new install package for Mac M1 created two days ago using Adobe's Admin Console website.  I also tried older install packages, they all fail with the same error on Mac OS 12.1.  The older packages work fine on earlier versions of Mac OS.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Adobe CC install error Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 11.57.54 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Found a work-around.  In a nutshell, download the current version of the Creative Cloud app, install it, restart, then install your package.  More detailed instructions:

1.  Download Creative Cloud app ( https://creativecloud.adobe.com ) and install it.

2.  Restart, open Creative Cloud app, Log in with your Adobe account.

3.  In Creative Cloud app preferences, turn OFF "Launch Creative Cloud at login"

4.  Sign out of Creative Cloud app and Restart.

5.  Install your Adobe package.

After your package in

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a work-around.  In a nutshell, download the current version of the Creative Cloud app, install it, restart, then install your package.  More detailed instructions:

1.  Download Creative Cloud app ( https://creativecloud.adobe.com ) and install it.

2.  Restart, open Creative Cloud app, Log in with your Adobe account.

3.  In Creative Cloud app preferences, turn OFF "Launch Creative Cloud at login"

4.  Sign out of Creative Cloud app and Restart.

5.  Install your Adobe package.

After your package installs, you can set Creative Cloud app preferences however you want.   I'm not sure if I actually needed to turn off its autostart (ie: "Launch Creative Cloud at login"), but I've had problems with installs/updates in the past when it autostarts, so wasn't taking any chances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another workaround is to install the creative cloud removal tool it will download some kind of update on first run and then you are able to install the package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot at all install anything creative cloud-related on MacBook max M1.

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 1.56.50 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 1.57.01 PM.png

 What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue and it appears to be caused by the Adobe installation package expecting (or requiring) Rosetta 2 to be installed on the Mac, and when it isn't it fails the installation. You can initiate the installation of Rosetta 2 manually using the Terminal by entering the following command:

/usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too, thank you! (Macbook Air M1 2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too! M1 Max. I skipped Rosetta install in initial setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly! By the way, what the heck is Rosetta? LOL

Anyway - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! Rosetta enables a Mac with Apple silicon to use apps built for a Mac with an Intel processor. It's pretty much a piece of emulation software that runs in the background. It's normally installed automatically when an intel app is first launched on a mac with an Apple CPU, but for some reason the creative cloud installer doesn't trigger the rosetta installation automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked! I am surprised this is a known error and the only solution was to google what to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

What should be the order of operations for this work around? Do I first use the install-rosetta command and then the Adobe CC installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the latest cc desktop app to install your cc apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! it worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for others you can always use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines