• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed a package once, having difficulty installing same package on a different PC

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have 5 licenses for adobe creative cloud. So far I have deployed two (different) packages on two different PCs. Now I would like to repeat this by installing the second package on a another PC. I have tried to install package2 again on a PC, but each time it fails - sometimes it tries and then rewinds and installs nothing, other times just the cloud is installed. When installing I’m I meant to be using the setup file (inside the zip file) or the ‘Windows Installer file’?

Also is the problem the on my Adobe admin, it is saying that I have only 2 users? When does the third user get created? Do I create it, or does it automatically jump to three once I have successfully installed it on the third machine. On the third machine is that when it does install it only install Adobe Cloud. If I then login it is not giving me the option of installing the premium programs (which are included in the package that I created) just gives me the option to trail/buy these and Dowland the free stuff.

Finding this all very frustrating. Could anyone let me know how I install package2 on a second machine. Apart from antivirus do I need turn anything else off on the machine, which could be preventing the install?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Hello, It depends on which type of license you have in your contract. If it is the shared device then it will count the number of devices on which you have installed the package and logged in. However, if it is named user then installing the package will not increase the license count, assigning those licenses to the users will increase the count.

There could be multiple reasons why the package is failing or rolling back. I would recommend copying the package locally on the machine, extract it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, so what this is saying is that the packages should be ‘Named Packages’ not ‘Shared’? Also, can I use these named packages more than once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, It depends on which type of license you have in your contract. If it is the shared device then it will count the number of devices on which you have installed the package and logged in. However, if it is named user then installing the package will not increase the license count, assigning those licenses to the users will increase the count.

There could be multiple reasons why the package is failing or rolling back. I would recommend copying the package locally on the machine, extract it (if it is in zip format) and then run the "setup.exe" file to install the package. If it fails, then you can share the PDApp log and we can try to find the root cause. 

Note: if you have included Acrobat in that package, make sure to close all Microsoft Office apps and Safari (if installing it on a Mac device).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that. I found my main problem was trying to install the problem direct from the download folder. So the key things I have learnt is: 1) Always move the install file to a location within the C drive e.g. My Documents; 2) In order run the file the Zip file needs to be extracted.

Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines