Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Acrobat Pro 2022 with Intune

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I'm following Adobe's technote on installing Acrobat Pro using Intune and I ran into some issues. I'm wonding if anyone had a similar experience and if so, how did they resolved it?

Here's a link to documentation: Deploy Adobe packages using Microsoft Intune

According to this, while preparing .intunwin file with Win32 tool, we can either use .exe or .msi file in the package.

Issue #1: 

When .exe file used while packaging and in command line, installation via Intune fails with the error message "The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)" It appears that it could be becuase "setup.exe --silent" command line (as per documentaiton) is not completely silent (see attached screen shot).

Issue #2:

When .msi used while packaging and in command line, only Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app gets installed by Intune; Acrobat is not installed. But when the same package is executed in GUI, both get installed.

Issue #3

I discovered that there is another .msi buried in the Build folder under Setup\APRO22.0\Adobe Acrobat. It is called AcroPro.msi This, however, installs Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20135 not 2022 depite the fact that the folder that contains it is called APRO22.0

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you

Bodek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Here are the release notes of Acrobat patches: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

AcrobatDCx64Upd2200320282.msp is the latest patch on that package.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

I've managed to get a 'workaround' for this, its not ideal but does the job. The only 'downsides' to this are that you dont really have any control over when Adobe DC decides to update itself and turn off the Document Cloud.

Please note: We run Win10 and Win 11 using the Enterprise licening model (I have found that business licensing doesn't work too well with intune..)

1. Create your Adobe Package using the Package Creator and dowanload it to your device. Extract this zip folder.

2. Download the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Trying to do the same, but for Acrobat 2020 Standard.  Downloaded the Acrobat Wizard, opened the .msi file downloaded from Adobe at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html, made changes to the .msi including entered the license number, generated the transform file, and then created the .intunewin file with the IntuneWinAppUtil.  Once I upload the file to Intune, and setup my install command with msiexec /i "Adobe2020Standard\AcroPro.msi" TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst" /

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open the support tab on your admin console > start chat or start case or request expert session. https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-and-expert-services.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bodek 

If you have created a package from the admin console, kindly navigate to the following location to use the MSI file for the deployment:

Package folder> Build>Setup> Acropro23>Adobe Acrobat/**

You have to use the Acropro.msi with the latest MSP 

example: msiexec /I AcroPro.msi IGNOREVCRT64=1 PATCH="mspname.msp" /qn

I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. This is what I was hoping for, but I'm a bit unclear on what you meant by "the latest" MSP. How will I know which of the MSP files in this folders is the "latest?" There are four of them, all with the same "Date modified" of 2023-01-07. Their names are: AcrobatDCx64Upd2200320282.msp (would this be the latest based on its name?), Acrobat2015Upd1500630352.msp, AcrobatUpd10116.msp and AcrobatUpd11012.msp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the release notes of Acrobat patches: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

AcrobatDCx64Upd2200320282.msp is the latest patch on that package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is no longer the correct answer. The command switch "PATCH" can't find the msp file of any name or designation, but "UPDATE" will. Also, when testing without "/qn" it appears to work as intended, but when I add that back and deploy via Intune, it fails.

Can we get an updated Intune install process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone can work this out, would be much appreciated. We're about to have a large scale rollout and this is a showstopper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to get a 'workaround' for this, its not ideal but does the job. The only 'downsides' to this are that you dont really have any control over when Adobe DC decides to update itself and turn off the Document Cloud.

Please note: We run Win10 and Win 11 using the Enterprise licening model (I have found that business licensing doesn't work too well with intune..)

1. Create your Adobe Package using the Package Creator and dowanload it to your device. Extract this zip folder.

2. Download the DC Customization Wizard and install it. 

3. Open the DC Customization Wizard and point it at the AcroPro.msi within yout extracted folder. The MSI I used was found in AdobeDC\Acrobat\Build\Setup\APRO23.0\Adobe Acrobat\AcroPro.msi

4. Within here, I disabled the Adobe Document Cloud Services within Online Services and Features. At this point I also customise all the other features relevant to me but, the Cloud Services one is what made things work properly. Save your package back into AdobeDC\Acrobat\Build\Setup\APRO23.0\Adobe Acrobat\ you should now have an .mst file.

5. Now package up your installation files using the IntuneWinAppUtil. I pointed to \AdobeDC\Acrobat\Build\Setup\APRO23.0\Adobe Acrobat and used AcroPro.msi as the insatller. Make sure the WinApp file is under 1.6GB otherwise Intune tends to time-out halfway from the download/install which is rather annoying.

6. Now create the WinApp in Intune. For the install command i use msiexec /i "Adobe Acrobat\AcroPro.msi" TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst" /qn The unsinstall just needs to be msiexec /x "{insert msi product code}" /qn I then use the MSI detection rule.

I have teseted this for both, Installing and Uninstalling and it works a treat. Hopefully it does the same on your end.. Please keep me posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved my day. Thank you very much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! Worked like a charm. Except for some settings in the Customizer. But your guide was perfect. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to do the same, but for Acrobat 2020 Standard.  Downloaded the Acrobat Wizard, opened the .msi file downloaded from Adobe at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html, made changes to the .msi including entered the license number, generated the transform file, and then created the .intunewin file with the IntuneWinAppUtil.  Once I upload the file to Intune, and setup my install command with msiexec /i "Adobe2020Standard\AcroPro.msi" TRANSFORMS="AcroPro.mst" /qn /l*v "C:\acrobat_standard.log" I then try to install it through Company Portal and each time it fails.  I have not found a solution to this issue yet.  Any other ideas?  The only thing I can think of is I don't have access to Adobe Admin, so I am unable to download a specific build for the .msi file, but I wouldn't think that would matter since I am downloading everything from Adobe at the link above, and including all files in the build folder for IntuneWinAppUtil.   Thanks in advance for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I was able to get he app packaged but Intune will not upload it. You said "Make sure the WinApp file is under 1.6GB..." How would one go about to this?

Regards,

Rameke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to be creating a Win32 app - they are allowed up to 8 gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tested the install command through admin prompt using msiexec.exe /i "c:\acrobat2020standard\acropro.msi" /qn and even that doesn't appear to work.  The only way I've gotten the .msi to run is by manually installing by double-clicking the file and going through the installer UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have a working solution for my environment which consists of Win 10/11 workstations, all hybrid AAD joined and enrolled in Intune.

I am still testing some things with regard to software architecture (32-bit vs 64-bit), but I can confidentaly report that both Standard and Pro are installing through Company Portal, and even removing any previous installations of Reader, or other Acrobat apps.  The upgrade .msp file was included with the package and I can confirm that the installation from Company Portal did upgrade the app to the latest build.

The only thing I changed with my transform file after I opened the .msi in the Acrobat Wizard, was to enter my license number, and accept the EULA, as well as made Acrobat the default PDF viewer, removed installed versions of Acrobat, and Reader, and then under "Run Installation" I chose Silently.  I also turn off the upsell under "Online Services and Features."

Once I created the .intunewin package using IntuneWinAppUtil, I uploaded the file to Intune, and set everything up as normal.  The difference this time was instead of calling for the .msi file in the install command section, I used the following:

setup.exe /sAll /rs /rps /msi /norestart /quiet EULA_ACCEPT=YES

Everything else, including the detection rule set to the .msi file, was left the same.  After I launched Company Portal, I was able to see the new app available, and I began installing it.  It took a few minutes, but finally said it was successful.

I had Reader DC installed on the device as part of my "required apps" in my AutoPilot deployment policy, and it was removed as part of the upgrade to Acrobat 2020 Standard, which was intentionally set in the transform file.

Hopefully this helps the rest of you.  It definitely should not have been this difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've spent way too much time on this, but what ended up working, was @Keith34212009fw6b 's suggestion. Changing the install command installed the proper application instead of the old Acrobat Reader DC, which is riddled with vulnerabilities.

Thanks for the help!

The difference this time was instead of calling for the .msi file in the install command section, I used the following:

setup.exe /sAll /rs /rps /msi /norestart /quiet EULA_ACCEPT=YES

Everything else, including the detection rule set to the .msi file, was left the same.  After I launched Company Portal, I was able to see the new app available, and I began installing it.  It took a few minutes, but finally said it was successful.

I had Reader DC installed on the device as part of my "required apps" in my AutoPilot deployment policy, and it was removed as part of the upgrade to Acrobat 2020 Standard, which was intentionally set in the transform file.

Hopefully this helps the rest of you.  It definitely should not have been this difficult.

By @Keith34212009fw6b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread should be ranked way higher. 

I was able to use David_UK. answer to get me there. What I overlooked is after the transform, building from the \AdobeDC\Acrobat\Build\Setup\APRO23.0\Adobe Acrobat directory. Thank you everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines