• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

just spent an HOUR trying to unblock a users account

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know things are not good when a company's support team member needs to get the support of Adobe just to unlock an account.

A user had forgotten their password and ended up being locked out.

The error they were when trying to log in and EVEN when trying to reset their password was : "For security reasons, your access is temporarily disabled. For more details, contact xxxxxxx"

As an enterprise admin, why do I not have the ability to do this? I had to go through adobe chat support to get my team members back into her account. 

An hour of time wasted! 

I've noticed other deficiencies in the admin portal. For instance, I cant resend invites to users. have to delete and recreate the whole account just so they can get the email.

TOPICS
Admin console , Enterprise , Teams , Users and groups

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Adobe IDs are created and managed by the end-user so the option to manage the account is not available in the admin console. You can use Federated IDs if you would like more accessibility and control over the user's account which is generally managed by the organization.

Once the license is assigned and provisioned to the user, there is no need to re-send the invitation. The user can sign in to Adobe account to complete the profile and dow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Adobe IDs are created and managed by the end-user so the option to manage the account is not available in the admin console. You can use Federated IDs if you would like more accessibility and control over the user's account which is generally managed by the organization.

Once the license is assigned and provisioned to the user, there is no need to re-send the invitation. The user can sign in to Adobe account to complete the profile and download the application.

I hope, I was able to answer your query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am an entreprise admin, and am not happy that I can not resend the invites, or force a change of a pasword of my users. The online documentaion says:

"Last updated on Jul 20, 2021 | Also Applies to Creative Cloud for enterprise, Document Cloud for enterprise
This page details the steps to send a password reset email to an Enterprise ID user using the Admin Console.

1 Sign in to the Admin Console as a System administrator.

2 Navigate to Users and from the list of users, click the name of the user.

3 Click Send Reset Password Email under User Details."

However, this option is not available and after dealing with the help desk about this issue and them telling me to do the above, I pointed out this was no longer showingas an option.

The "support person" then said, that this option is no longer available and that the users will have to reset their own passwords!

This is poor support, and if what the support person said is true, points to a now functionally deficient console interface that does not provide the tools needed for admins, who don't have all day to dedicate to this one system, deleating and recreating accounts as a way to force a simple password change!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got an email saying that the case is closed. It came with this: We’ve found these self-help articles if you’d like more information about your issue with a link to an article which showed that the "Send Reset Password Email" link should be there!

I replied to the email with this:

This issue is not really resolved. 

In the article you just sent me relating to the issue, I followed the instructions to "edit user details" and here it again states that you should have the "Send password reset email” this is your documentation dated as “...Last updated on Apr 28, 2023 …”

with this illustration:

(Image did not show)

However, while we did have this feature, and with no notification of a change, the actual user details look like this:

(Image without the link was here) 

Note: the lack of the "Send reset password email" option.

Why has this functionality changed? 

As administrators in an enterprise, we have multiple systems to manage and having to liaise with users to get them to change a password or mess around removing and re-entering
users is ridiculously time wasting and annoying.

I am now unsure if this is a global change (that should be reversed) or an anomaly with our instance of the console. Firstly, I was directed by the "support person" to use the send reset email, then when I said this was not showing, I was told "this was old documentation" and that option isn't available. Then I get this email with instructions stating this is an option (when it clearly is not available in our console anymore)

Please explain what is actually the case and why your documentation states one thing (which the support person pointed to) and then I am told the documentation is incorrect! Then along with an email telling me the issue is resolved, I'm sent another link pointing to the option being available! 

Please note, not only do the two references you (Adobe) have sent me regarding this issue, state that the option to send the reset password email should be available, but so do other
internet references I have looked up as well.

What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note, the email bounced as a unmonitored email address.

Again a very poor system of support if you don't even get the chance to argue the close of the call by replying to the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew29772998ya83 We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The option was removed long ago, and our documentation team is already working on updating the article. 

Now, the end-users themself reset the password for the Enterprise IDs by using the "Forget/Reset Password" option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i totally agree. as an admin i should be able to unlock. why wait. i cannot change a users name I cannot resend invites. such a lack of features for a company this mature. i give the portal and F, sucks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines