• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local admin rights required to update Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a marketing department that uses the Creative Cloud team product. They have laptops running Windows 7, we do not give them local admin rights for obvious reasons.

When they try to update the CC software it comes up with an error message:

Adobe.JPG

How can we allow our users to update this software without granting them local admin rights?

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Hi Mike5435,

As of now the Admin rights are required for installation. please go the following articles.

How ever you can create a Creative package using Creative Cloud Packager & deploy it to users machine.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/creating-packages.html

The latest version update is here:http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager.html

Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike5435,

As of now the Admin rights are required for installation. please go the following articles.

How ever you can create a Creative package using Creative Cloud Packager & deploy it to users machine.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/creating-packages.html

The latest version update is here:http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager.html

Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end user doesn't have to an admin just to use the products correct? Only when the application needs an update to be installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct. Creative Cloud Help | Packager

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the question that Mike asked hasn't been addressed, he's talking about updating the cloud app and software within it and not about admin rights to deploy the software.

I have the same issue, I have to manually manage 45 users and that means updating the apps etc. one at a time. Are you suggesting that we have to redeploy the apps using the deployment package because, that was not available when I installed my 45 end user's cloud apps and i don't relish having to re-install them all.

So again, how can you update the apps without granting admin rights to the users or having to attend to each machine individually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seriously needs resolving soon. I'm just starting to deploy CC and already getting users needing me to log on to update their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a user that has Adobe Creative Cloud installed and it seems in order to use the app properly she has to be a local Admin.  This seems a little short sighted by Adobe to create an application that needs admin privileges to run properly, especially considering that most enterprise environments lock down the machine from the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat with several users utilizing the CC software and the number is growing daily. Are there any directories that we can give the users Read/Write access to that will allow them to update without our helpdesk remoting in and providing admin credentials?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution other than giving the user local admin rights to the computer? This is a completely unacceptable solution in a large network environment. We only allow users to be standard users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I have Creative Cloud on my work computer but can't run Creative Cloud itself to make use of such things as TypeKit and other Assets. Am I missing something, or will I just not be able to without admin privileges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyberfactotum - I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. If you’d like help sorting out the Typekit issues, feel free to drop us a line at: support@typekit.com. We may be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have TypeKit "issues." per se. I just can't use it in my work environment since most of us who use Create Cloud don't have admin rights on our computers, so se can't directly log into Creative Cloud and make use of things like TypeKit and other Creative Cloud Assets. If I'm not understanding something, please let me know. Otherwise, PLEASE read these comments more thoroughly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for misunderstanding. You are correct. Typekit isn’t available without the CC app at this time. I’ll share this thread with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Not to be overly nit-picky, but I have the Creative Cloud app. This thread and my comment is about whether **admin rights** on the computer the Creative Cloud app is running are REQUIRED to use it. I think the answer is yes, so those of us with IT departments that don't give us admin rights on our computers basically can't use many Creative Cloud features. If I am wrong about the answer being yes, I'd like to know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only for installing applications.  The Assets, Stock, and Community portion should work fine according to my non-privileged users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check this out again when back at work. I think the issue is that we have what Adobe calls device- or serial-number-licensed packages versus Named licenses so "online services and storage not included." Similar to what's described here: Create packages with Adobe Creative Cloud for education device licenses and Implement licensing for Adobe products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I've found would be adding the Adobe Update Catalog inot SCCM if your enviroment is running it. Alternatively the Creative Cloud Team Admin Page (Whatever it's called, where you manage your licenses) has a download for a packaging app that can be used to just package updates, you could then deploy to an AdobeCC Active Directory Group. 

I really think Adobe should offer a different solution as smaller enterprises may not have the funds to pick up something like SCCM or even run Active Directory in general. Unfortunately I don't expect them to offer a solution since this is the direction a lot of App's are going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In a "zero admin rights" environment, packaged deployment is a necessary. For updating, here are a couple options.

1. Manual with Packager - When it's necessary to provide updates to your Creative Cloud users, an admin can open the Packager tool and Create a new package. When you reach the Applications and Updates screen, check off the updates you want to deploy, then build it. Then deploy this package which contains ONLY updates to your Creative Cloud users.

Resource: Creative Cloud Help | Applying updates

2. Remote Update Manager (RUM)- this is a selection you make when configuring your original package. When selected it is part of your .msi/.pkg build and is installed on your users machines. Now an admin can invoke updates remotely with command line or whatever tool is used for package deployment. The updates will be coming from Adobe update servers. This method is limited in that it can't be used to update Edge Code or Reflow.

Resource: Use Adobe Remote Update Manager

3. Remote Update Manager and Adobe Update Server setup tool (AUSST) - For larger environments with the ability to set up their own update server. AUSST will collect updates from Adobe update servers which can then be invoked by RUM.

Resource: Using the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

I hear confusion around VIP deployment on a daily basis and came across this thread. I hope these resources are helpful!

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines