• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating to Self-Service Adobe CC Package

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently my organization has 170+ users that have the Managed Package of the Adobe CC App. There has been a shift in wanted to get our users more efficient in their workflows and I would like to switch these users to the Self-Service Pacakge. Does anyone know a way that this can be accomplished without having to uninstall all existing Adobe products then re-deploying the Self-Service Adobe CC Package? I tried to manually install the .msi the package generates over an existing instance of the Adobe CC Cloud App, but it keeps erroring out with an 1603 Error indicating that the application is already installed.

Has anyone undergone a switch from Managed to Self-Service Adobe CC ?

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Enterprise , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

As the CC Desktop app is already deployed, depending on how you configured the app - users may already be able to self serve.

However, in case CC Desktop app was locked down (for ex, apps panel is disabled), you can use some of the options listed in the following article. https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/customize-creative-cloud-app.html

• If you're an enterprise customer, the best option will be to use the Self-service policies. You can conrol the configs from the Admin Console itself, w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the CC Desktop app is already deployed, depending on how you configured the app - users may already be able to self serve.

However, in case CC Desktop app was locked down (for ex, apps panel is disabled), you can use some of the options listed in the following article. https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/customize-creative-cloud-app.html

• If you're an enterprise customer, the best option will be to use the Self-service policies. You can conrol the configs from the Admin Console itself, without deploying any apps.
  • For teams, (or if you don't want to use self-service policies in Enterprise): If your target devices have the serviceConfig.xml -- you can just go ahead and delete this file. Relaunching CCDA will launch it in self-service mode.

The approach that you've outlined shoudl also have worked though. I wonder what's causing the 1603 error. Can you ensure that no Adobe processes are running, which may be causing a conflict. I'll do some more research. But let me know if any of the above solutions works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Vikrant,

Deleting the ServiceConfig.xml file under the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC location did the trick! This is exactly what I was looking for. This will allow users to install and update their Adobe CC Apps at will and not have to uninstall and re-install all Adobe CC Apps.

This will be how I will be deploying for future reference, in case anyone runs into this same thing down the road, I'm running this via CMD using our RMM system:

Delete ServiceConfig.xml from the following location: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe"

CMD

del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ServiceConfig.xml"

Kill Adobe CC instance and any child services

CMD

taskkill /im "Creative Cloud.exe" /t /f

Reboot system

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines