• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Acroabt X Pro and Terminal Server 2008r2

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deployed Acrobat x Pro on a 2008 R2 Terminal Server.  Everything was going great but a while back I had to reapir the OS and re-install Acrobat and a few other Programs because of a minor virus.  I have confirmed everything is running fine and that the virsu is gone.  However, since then users prefernces and settings have not loaded up when they open up acrobat.  The pfx file is still there for all users it is simply not loading along with the rest of thier prefernces.  Has anybody seen this before and does anybody have a fix for it?

Message was edited by: Skywalker32

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PFX file?  You mean the digital signature file?!  Why would multiple users share a PFX file??!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to the individual user profiles.  And yes the signature file, still there for every user its just isn't attaching itself automatically.  You can "create" a new signature, find the pfx file re-attach it and the next time the user logs in, it is un attached again, along with the rest of the user preferences such as stamps etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a HKCU registry entry is not being allowed to be set.

How do you have the permissions set on the hive for HKCU?

Specifically the Windows Registry Key and it's child keys and values:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\11.0\Security\cPPKHandler\cDigitalIDFiles]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Skywalker32,

I think Sabian is on the right track, well other than his nomenclature  being incorrect. The way Acrobat/Reader works is the list of digital ID files are store in the registry like in the example above (except you'd be looking for 10.0 in the path and either Adobe Acrobat for your Acrobat users or Acrobat Reader for the Reader users).

So with that in mind, are you using a GPO to push the individual PFX files and are you using the Adobe Installation Wizard to customize the application (Acrobat or Reader) installs? I'm just trying to get a handle on what's in play here. Also, I thought that maybe the digital ID file location could be set as a lockable preference in the HKLM portion of the registry, but they can't so if that's what you are trying to do via the installation wizard that could be a problem (not that I think you are, I'm just taking a shot in the dark here).

Thanks,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines