• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote Update Manager - Mac - Not Updating CC Apps

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! We use RUM on our Macs all the time. Our users do not have admin rights. And our Adobe installs are configured as managed.  Lately we've noticed RUM is not seeing the updates to some of the CC applications that have updates available to them. For instance, InDesign 14 (CC 2019) has a critical update to version 14.0.3. When we run RUM this update is not available in the list. Any reason why?

TOPICS
Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

This is a known issue which our engineering team are soon to release a fix for. In the meantime, I've shared the updated libraries at the following link which should resolve this issue - please let me know the result:

EDIT: the updated file has been removed, this issue is now fixed in the latest release of Creative Cloud Desktop; please ensure the latest version is installed.

Windows:
1) On the client machine where RUM is running, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue which our engineering team are soon to release a fix for. In the meantime, I've shared the updated libraries at the following link which should resolve this issue - please let me know the result:

EDIT: the updated file has been removed, this issue is now fixed in the latest release of Creative Cloud Desktop; please ensure the latest version is installed.

Windows:
1) On the client machine where RUM is running, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox
2) Replace HUM.dll (ver 5.0.0.354) with the one attached ver 5.0.0.363 HUM.dll

Mac OS:

1) On the client machine where RUM is running, go to /Librabry/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/HDBox
2) Replace HUM.dylib (ver 5.0.0.354) with the on attached ver 5.0.0.363 HUM.dylib

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you .

We'll try it out. We'll report back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! THANK YOU for this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on when this will be released yet?  Our vulnerability scanning software is finding large numbers of Critical and High vulnerabilities being unpatched on all of our RUM managed systems as more and more of them suffer from failing to update for the same reaosn the OP mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updated version of the Remote Update Manager is planned to be released at the same time as Creative Cloud Desktop 5.1, in a few weeks' time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will fix RUM until the next incremental update is run on the AUSST Server, after which RUM will once again break.

I found the HUM.dll file also exists in the AUSST_win folder where the AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool resides. The HUM.dll located in the AUSST_win folder also needs to be updated with ver 5.0.0.363 HUM.dll. If you ran the incremental before updating the HUM.dll file you will need to run the incremental again after updating the HUM.dll file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My shop is experiencing this problem for the first time (a customer has Adobe CC All Apps and RUM updates none of them) and an Adobe Support Agent pointed me to this article. While the "Correct answer" seems relevant I don't know (and can't seem to find any evidence) that the fix ever solved this problem, but considering we just did a clean install of Adobe CC on a clean Win10 b.2004 system in January and now can't patch it, it doesn't seem to have and we're grasping at any straws.

I would like to try this solution and see if it helps, but the link provided leads to a 404 error. Does anyone know of a repository where I could get an updated HUM.dll. I have different versions between my server and the customer's system with the latter being at version 5.3.x.x.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this issue should have been corrected with the latest update to the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool. The update includes the udpated HUM.dll file. I would suggest updating the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool. You should find it in the Adobe Admin Console > Packages > Tools. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also seeing this issue.  macOS catalina 10.15.7 client.  HUM.dylib ver. 5.2.0.436

RUM reports no new version for Adobe Acrobat.

Installed version is 20.012.20043, 21.001.20142 is current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool on your AUSST Server. You should find it in the Adobe Admin Console > Packages > Tools. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the Adobe servers, not AUSST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are referring to the file "HUM.dylib" in  Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Desktop Common⁩ ▸ ⁨HDBox⁩, version 5.2.0.436 is outdated, and should be updated by installing the latest version of Creative Cloud from this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why wouldn't the Creative Cloud app be auto updating?  Is this a deployable app that can be done silently from the MDM?  My previous experience is that these are shell downloads that then download additional content on the fly while installing and aren't designed for enterprise deployment.  

Is there a RUM command that will trigger the update of CC App?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines