• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove licenses from team account

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've downsized our team slightly and I was able to remove the users, but can't figure out how to remove the licenses that were assigned to those users. Any help is much appreciated!

TOPICS
Admin console , Licensing , Teams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Hi there, 

A license is committed for one year or prorated to the anniversary. If you have purchased your Teams membership directly from Adobe.com, you can remove licenses from the Admin Console during the renewal period

To remove licenses outside of the renewal period, navigate to Adobe Admin Console > Support to contact us.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Hi there! I've found an easier way to do this in the Admin Console (assuming you are an Admin on your account).

Just go to accounts, and then update plan. 

Then with using arrow toggle, just reduce # of seats per program. You will need to keep in mind your renewal period, I add it to my calendar to keep stock of licensing. 

Hope that's helpful! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

A license is committed for one year or prorated to the anniversary. If you have purchased your Teams membership directly from Adobe.com, you can remove licenses from the Admin Console during the renewal period

To remove licenses outside of the renewal period, navigate to Adobe Admin Console > Support to contact us.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this link doesn't go anywhere useful. It's almost a talk to the hand moment from Adobe.

The content on these links constantly changes so I'm still left with no useful way to remove the licenses I need to remove.

Every other product design service that we are signed up to allows us to seamlessly scale up or down and charges by the month ie for usage not locking customers into old school licensing models.

Adobe are way behind on what designing good product looks like, which we we are switching to Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that their website is purposefully not intuitive. It is super easy to add a license and very difficult to remove one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content on these links constantly changes so I'm still left with no useful way to remove the licenses I need to remove.

By @Guthriej

What links are you talking about? The links in this post have not changed since I'm using the Adobe console.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The practice of of "Click to Subscribe, Call to cancel" is illegal per guidelines issued by the Federal Trade Comission.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2021/10/ftc-ramp-enforcement-against-illegal-dark-pat...

Any persons reading this who have run into issues may want to contact the FTC.

https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/?pid=B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same experience. We reduced staff, I have half the users I had before but Adobe won't let me remove licenses. I spoke with customer service and they did offer other ways of  reducing the monthly bill, but removing licneses was not one of them.

My issue is somehow it's possible to ADD licenses with just a few clicks anytime at all. But removing them is conveniently impossible. And that's how you make money, kids.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with this.  Everywhere you go on the console, always a link to buy, buy, buy and by desing, make it conversom to remove or modify.  No problem with your 1 year commitment, however, once a purchase meets the 1 year commitment, there should automatically be an option to omit the license from the account if necessary.  Purposeful bad UX. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it is very dissapointing. Easy to add and I did not see the "small print" of annual contracts billed monthly with annual renewals. Very deceptive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really bad approach! Customers should be able to reduce at any time and independently from the "renewal period". That doesn't make sense at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see this (here😞

But the referenced "more support options" doesn't actually exist.  Not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am discuccing now for over 15 minutes with "Support". I had to explain WHY I want to reduce the number of licences. I was told it would be a security risk if user can change the subrcription/ nos of licences themselfes. And as a result it is not possible. Each licence you order you have to pay 12 month, you cannot leave early.

I have to continue to pay for the staff who left my company, OR pay 50% cancellation fee for the remaing month of the year, or reduce to SINGLE APP licence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience and totaly agree with the others in this thread. Purposfully building the UI so that it's difficult to cancel subscriptions is really lame. Adobe, you should trust that your stellar products will drive traction instead of this close to shameful model. Please improve! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. No one here is unsatisfied with Adobe products. And unlike some other gigantic software giants, they keep innovating. That's why this is a complete disconnect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an anti-consumer and anti-business tactic. Especially since they hold a near monopoly on the market. Shame on you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took a lengthy online chat with a rep to make this happen. Retention metrics must be pushed HARD on these poor reps, and we just want to mananage our licenses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit, that I had no troubles to remove 2 of our 6 licences at the anniversary date. You need however to be an administrator and log in to the admin console respectively talk to your sales representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I've found an easier way to do this in the Admin Console (assuming you are an Admin on your account).

Just go to accounts, and then update plan. 

Then with using arrow toggle, just reduce # of seats per program. You will need to keep in mind your renewal period, I add it to my calendar to keep stock of licensing. 

Hope that's helpful! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've got it marked so I can remove every license from my Adobe Teams account due to this ridiculous anti-consumer practice. My business will be moving to a different PDF product ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the correct answer and follow the instructions: https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams-discussions/remove-licenses-from-team-account/m-p/11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an answer to the problem of removing licenses when you no longer need them. You can add licenses anytime. You can only remove them during your renewal period, once a year, resulting in potentially 11 months of paid monthly license fees that no one is using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not an answer to the problem of removing licenses when you no longer need them. You can add licenses anytime. You can only remove them during your renewal period, once a year, resulting in potentially 11 months of paid monthly license fees that no one is using.

By @peted319

That's what "annual" means: ONE YEAR! If you need only a month's licence, you will need to buy an individual licence for one month. You won't be able, however, to manage that centrally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful. This is the correct answer. All the other replies in this thread are stock Adobe run-around replies. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Administering your Teams or VIP subscription:

Steps to add products and licenses
https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/add-products-and-licenses.html

Steps to remove products and licenses
https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/add-products-and-licenses.html#remove-products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines