• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still major problems with CC updates

Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced a lot of problems with the CC updates. There's always some red error explaining that "I can't update" etc. Each time there's a new error. Sometimes it doesn't say anything, other times I receive messages, some less cryptic than others. The last time around I received this message telling me my disk

space is too low, but it can't be as I have 2GB free storage on my C:drive. These messages are new each time so I'm starting to believe this whole CC server concept is messed up. How many GB of space do I need for these update files? Surerly it can't be an authentic message? The last time I couldn't update the message was something clever like:  zxzxz/U%&/&%/%&64366457645////\\???.

What's up with this CC concept? It's been havoc since the beginning and that goes for ALL clients on ALL networks that I've been running this service. If I change the installation directory in the preferences I'm afraid that will mess up things even more as all the installations files are on the same directory at C:drive level. This is an enterprise license, meaning there's a great number of users on the same license administrated by the IT manager trough his control panel. However, my workstations is a stand-alone and when looking at the Adobe CC folder in the C: drive - Program files - Adobe - I can see the CC folders. The other drive is not a drive for exe files or installments, so I don't wanna mess that drive up with messy DLL files and exe files etc.

But again, the update "service" is always a mess with this CC concept. Makes me miss the hard copy versions where I never had to deal with these matters. 

CC-message.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a package with the Photoshop update and it was 1.58 gb in total, when installing additional memory is required. So the error is correct. To make updates easier you might want to consider using Remote Update Manager and/or AUSST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jisses christ. In good Adobe fashion there's a book to read in order to fix issues that they should have made better from the start. Surely you can't expect people to actually spend weeks trying to understand that complex material?? Another aspect to this is that Adobe says the update files will overwrite the older version, so how come it accumulates this much space on my hard drive? I'm trying to install the latest PS update and I have 2GB of free disk space - is that update more than 2GB?! I can't go around deleting vital data on my program file drive just to make room for CC updates, there will be thousands of updates in the future so do you expect people to buy NAS systems with hundreds of terabytes capacity? I give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remote Update Manager is aimed at system admins who are required to update multiple machines. So you may want to discuss this with your system admin if that is not your role.

Photoshop system requirements

"2.6 GB of available hard-disk space for 32-bit installation; 3.1 GB of available hard-disk space for 64-bit installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about the full application installation but an update. "2.6 GB of available hard-disk space for 32-bit installation; 3.1 GB of available hard-disk space for 64-bit installation;" is not for updates. This is the latest PS update and I've been updating whenever a new update is available, but why is more than 2GB required for this update alone when it states that former versions will be deleted? I just don't get that cause surely these update files can't be weighing in at several Gigabytes? That doesn't make sense, every user will hit max storage capacity quite fast if that's the concept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a patch, it is a full binary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you telling me that you expect users to keep adding hardrives to cater to the massive file size that's required to run updates? How many terrabytes will that mount up to in the years to come? You can't expect people to have dedicated IT managers with a huge backbone network to administrate space as the Adobe updates accumulates more and more space. I just don't get this.

I had a chat with the IT manager at my workplace about this and he just shook his head. It's a nightmare. My private CC license is another story. I'm getting more than slightly worried about this issue - and so should you to be honest. So what's the fix? "Remote Update Manager is aimed at system admins" so what do you expect private users to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I then migrate all Adobe installation folders from my C:drive to another larger local drive? Is this a valid solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the install location in Creative Cloud Desktop App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague made me aware of this link that totally put me off the idea to migrate the installation disk, he tried it himself with no luck. As a matter of fact it created havoc with his system and CC setup. So what's new that will make this process more valid? Creative Cloud - BUG Changing Installation Directory for Apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Desktop Application and some shared components will install in C but applications will install in your selected drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't sound like anything I would like to do. As you can read from the pretty massive response on the link I provided Adobe needs to address this problem properly, the "fix" you describe causes other issues to occur. A question many of us have is: How long is Adobe going to demand Gigabytes for updates? I mean, sooner or later even the largest HD is going to be empty. Surely you can't continuous to consume all this disk space for every update in the future! It's mad. And haven't you thought of the fact that most designers have a limited scratch disk for the OS and that it's the c:drive on most cases?! The c:drive is actually getting smaller and more efficient by time as more users are buying SSD drives just to handle the exe files and the OS. Program files are not supposed to be large at all, so when when Adobe is demanding no less than 2GB just for ONE single application update it's a recipe for disaster. Again, as you can see from the Adobe forum link I provided I'm the not only one complaining about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines