• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To many activation's error with Photoshop CS3 volume License

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have called support about this in the past, but when we uninstall before reloading a machine.  We are unable to reinstall because we are over the activation's.  It's like the system never gives us back our seat.  We have verified we are under the limit for our serial by 2 seats.  I contacted Adobe support which told me I need to come to the forums because CS3 is no longer supported....  HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 isn't supported by phone help anymore. Let me move this post to the licensing for creative suites forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this request moved? or do I need to move it? if so how please....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved it. It has the same URL as your previous message, but can now be found in the other forum. There are more Adobe staff looking at this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck, how does this issue get addressed? or doesn't it.  We are within our license limit.  Unfortunately when systems fail or they are reloaded, we don't always have an opportunity deactivate and even when we do it never seems to free up a license.  I have been running into this every time I have to reload a computer.   I did start ordering cloud accounts for new machines, but I have a bunch of users that do not want to switch off CS3 (because it's what they know, and we are licensed for it!)

In the past I was able to call in and get them to make it possible to activate, but even that was time consuming per machine.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, I'm not sure. There is a lot of talk going around about licensing support for older apps. Like you said, people bought those, and should be able to use them. I'll see if I can get this flagged, but don't hold your breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one more thing, Adobe has dropped support for volume license for CS6, so I'm not sure how good you chances are with CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When calling with an Adobe helpdesk rep, you have to stress really vigorously that you need their help to remotely deactivate your installations. This has nothing to do with 'normal' product support (about how features works and all) but with the installation of your licensed CS3 software. Tell them the activation servers for CS3 are not down yet ! The CS2 were taken down last year, (Activation server shut down for Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, and Macromedia products) and therefore Adobe put the non-protected CS2 installation disks online (for legitimate users). The CS3 activation servers are still up and running. I recently had to install and activate a fresh Photoshop CS3, which went fine. But the Dreamweaver CS3 activation, which still used the former Macromedia serial protection, has also ceased to exist. So out of luck there...

BTW: the staff from ProDesign is very experienced in these kind of problems. They also host the CS3 and CS4 installation disks (be sure to take the strange step to visit that Adobe page, to let it set your cookies correctly). Maybe they can shed some more light on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter, for stepping in and explaining it better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Can you private message me your serial number? I can check what we can do to help.

To private message, click on my profile image to navigate to my profile and then click the Message button.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problém unable to active Adobe Creative Suite CS 3 any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FreeGame,

Can you private message me your serial number, too? Please also include your Operating System and what is happening when you try to activate.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines