• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall CC products via command line (Windows 7) - Exit error 135

Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We set up a test machine, just to look at the uninstall options. We installed … I did try the uninstall option as to prepare uninstalling the upgraded adobe products in an ordered manner. And as I expected, I ran immediately in an error.

setup.exe --uninstall=1 --sapCode=PHSP --baseVersion=2015.5 --platform=win64 --deleteUserPreferences=false

Exit error 135

My first problem is, that I cannot find the sapCodes for all the CC programs. Second, I made a guess on what the baseVersion should be. Platform also is derived from a win32 reference, found on the Adobe help system.

Question: Where do I find the sapCodes and the baseVersion of my software? What could be the issue with that exit error code 135 (unknown (sic) error)?

When trying again and stripping base version, I got error code 103.

As we say: Avis aux amateurs!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer
TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Teams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Deployment for Creative Cloud Team, Enterprise, & CS​.

Hi Feierwoon,

Please try to use cleaner tool to remove the applications, here is the link for cleaner tool: Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems​.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this applies:

The Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool allows you to more precisely remove installation records for Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications that may have become corrupted or may be causing problems with a new installation. It can be particularly helpful if you have installed prerelease software on your system, and now want to remove it.

If you’re having trouble installing Creative Cloud apps, Creative Suite (CS3–CS6) apps, Photoshop Elements, or Adobe Premiere Elements, the Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) Cleaner Tool can help. Likewise, if you're unable to connect to Adobe servers, the Cleaner Tool can help by removing entries in your computer's host files that are blocking access to Adobe software and servers.

We did set up a clean install, and only installed CC to test command line removal of old installs, because we want to get this as automated as possible and the deployment tool does not allow for removal of the upgrades software. The software has even not been started. When we have those problems on the test system, how can we expect to do a simple and clean uninstall on out production machines.

So again the questions:

Question: Where do I find the sapCodes and the baseVersion of my software. What could be the issue with that exit error code 135 (unknown (sic) error)?

When trying again and stripping base version, I got error code 103.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EveryBody,

I'm "Creative Cloud subscription team" client and I 've the same problem. I want to silently uninstall Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 version 16.1.2 because i want install Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.3. I use this command line into batch script:

start /wait /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\" Setup.exe --uninstall=1 --sapCode=PHSP --baseVersion=16.1.2 --platform=win32 --deleteUserPreferences=false

And i 've an error:

Exit Code: 135

So, i try to uninstall Adobe After Effects CC 2014 (13.2.0) because i want install Adobe After Effects CC 2015.3 (13.8.1):

start /wait /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\" Setup.exe --uninstall=1 --sapCode=AEFT --baseVersion=13.2.0 --platform=win64 --deleteUserPreferences=false

...and I've the same problem !

There is there an issue to this problem ?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I saw in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud \HDCore\" folder there is also a binary named "Uninstaller.exe" which is also used to perform uninstall Adobe softwares (see the Windows registry key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft \Windows\CurrentVersion\uninstall

Will I use it to uninstall the old version ?

If so, what parameters can I use with this binary?

I tested a command lines for example, uninstall the 17.0 version of Adobe Illustrator CC 2015:

start /wait /D "%programfiles(x86)%\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\" PDApp.exe --appletID = "DWA_UI" --appletVersion = "2.0" --mode = "Uninstall" - -mediaSignature = "{F2321021-08A2-44D6-B1DF-BDB415F23EC3}"

PDApp.exe program executes correctly selecting the right version (17.0) Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 BUT ... launches a GUI or you have to press the uninstall button !!!
We can not use the above command to uninstall silently!

I also tried uninstalling with the msiexec utility by running this command:

msiexec / x {F2321021-08A2-44D6-B1DF-BDB415F23EC3} /qn /norestart

But I have an error message back that says "This work is only valid for products Currently installed".
We can not use the MSIexec command to uninstall this Adobe product !

It is time that we have answers to our questions and a solution that works from Adobe about automatic and silent uninstall their products.

There are already many posts that approaches the subject without a proposed solution !!!

- Remote Update Manager doesn't do all apps?

- how to make the Creative Cloud Uninstaller run silently ?

- command for silently uninstall Adobe Muse

- Re: Creative Cloud packager Upgrade from 2014 to 2015 Products

I do not understand it so complicated or impossible for now to uninstall silently some Adobe products.
The installation or uninstallation silent are the basic features of a program. Especially when it is intended for companies and is susceptible of being deployed and silently install on multiple computers.

Please ... time is short and it penalizes me in my work. Without a quick response and solution to the silent uninstall problem, I should pass on all computers and manually uninstall Adobe older versions programs ... this is not professional by Adobe such a negligence and such silence !

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was anyone able to figure the proper way to silently uninstall the CC products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to check out this recent feature Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall Creative Cloud products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was able to using the command specified in the orginal post, however the reason you are getting the error code 135 is because you have the incorrect "baseVersion".
Here is what you need to do....

In the package source folder ... \Build\HD\ you will find a subfolder for each component included in your CC package.
Each of these folders contains a file called "Application.json"  open this file with notepad and it will show you the correct "sapCode" and "baseVersion" for the package you have installed.  In my case I was installing After Effects 14.1.2 but the correct "baseVersion" was 14.0.0

setup.exe --uninstall=1 --sapCode=PHSP --baseVersion=2015.0.0 --platform=win64 --deleteUserPreferences=false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

davet85363853 Thank you for the method you shared for finding the baseVersion! This information still applies 5 years later with  the most current Adobe CC software. This is extremely important info for enterprise software scripting/distribution where you support a large number of clients. Not sure why it isn't provided by Adobe.

As of 12/14/2022, here is the current path, with necessary quotes, to the Setup.exe you referred to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\Setup.exe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines