• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Chrome Browser for Adobe Acrobat Login Window

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to force Google Chrome to be the default browser that Adobe Pro uses for the login window on the desktop? When you first open up Adobe Acrobat (VIP) to login to your account on the desktop, it uses 'Internet Explorer' as the default window. Then, there is an error that says I need to update the browser - but it's 100% up to date.

Even after making Google the default browser for all http, https, htm, and html files, it still tries to login using IE as the browser. Even if you remove IE, same thing.

FYI:  I don't mean opening a PDF with Chrome.  I want the window that pop's up when I login to my Adobe account on the desktop, to use Chrome and not IE

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat , Admin console , Enterprise , Identity and SSO , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Can you take a look at this article? It does contain some registry fixes that you can add to update the IE document mode. I think this should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running IE 11? What is your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. I did not leave enough info

Yes, IE 11 is the version. These clients are using AWS Workspaces, which
run as virtual machines on Server 2016. IE Protected mode has been
disabled, Internet Enhanced Security, and still nothing. Any and all GPO's
are disabled.

The attached screenshot shows the pop-up window (that uses IE) and the
Adobe Pro app in the background. This window to login uses IE and I am
trying to make it default to Chrome, if possible

Also, the app says 32-bit, but the exe and the OS are all 64-bit. Not sure
why it's downgraded to 32 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you take a look at this article? It does contain some registry fixes that you can add to update the IE document mode. I think this should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why Adobe expects the average PC user to make registry changes. The software should be made to work correctly without end users playing with the registry (fire).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, a teams/enterprise administrator is not a typical user.  second, chrome works fine for most of us without anything being done.  third, no one is being compelled to edit their registry if they do not wish to do so.  ie, just because you can read about editing your registry here and elsewhere doesn't mean you should do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those particular instructions aren't for the average PC user. They are for "If your organization isn’t able to turn off compatibility mode, you can create a per-product exception using the registry keys below. " So this is something IT support would do; end users would follow the instructions to turn off compatibility mode in the normal way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines