• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the DCX folder in coresync applicaton support for, and why is it taking up so much room?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having tons of trouble with syncing lately, and just today I deleted all the coresyn .db files, and finally it seems things are syncing again. However, I now have these huge files within the application support folder in the library user system folder (I'm on a mac). In both the Coresync folder and the XD folder within the application support, the files in the DCX folders are taking up a ton of space.

What are these? Do I need them?

/Users/*****/Library/Application Support/Adobe.XD/com.adobe.dcx folder is 1.3GB

/Users/*****/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/DCX folder is 13.86GB

My internal drive is only 250GB, so storage is at a premium. What are these log and database files taking up so much space and what can I do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly confirm the version of the creative cloud desktop app you are using right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question and I'm currently working with 5.5.0.619

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue. but my DCX folder is 124.84GB. My computer is almost full - how do I downsize this DCX folder? Do I remove items from my CC Libraries that are syncing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue and constantly running out of space. 

Seems a bit pointless having a cloud option but still saving all this data to the HDD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines