• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workstations with creative cloud device licenses start asking for login information, running the license tool fixes some, but not all.

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a journalism lab that is running all iMacs. OS is current version, updates run automatically. I have Creative Cloud installed on all 8 using device licenses. The device license doesn't require a login to work, but sometimes it stops working this way and starts requiring a login to open the apps. I've created a separate license installer using the deployment tool that will reset the license to a device license. This works for a time, but eventually fails again. Re-running the license tool works for a time, but eventually, even that stops fixing the problem.

Logging into adobe cloud as a user then associates that workstation with the user's account, not what I want.

I need to figure out what's causing the licensing to fail and require a login.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Is there anything which may be preventing these machines going online?

Creative Cloud Help | Create packages with device licenses

Device licenses are an online offering. After installation, the package will attempt to activate online. If activation is not possible at deployment time either due to no Internet connectivity or proxy configuration, the packaged apps will continue to run. Apps attempt silent activation for seven days before they cease to function. After initial activation, the computer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there anything which may be preventing these machines going online?

Creative Cloud Help | Create packages with device licenses

Device licenses are an online offering. After installation, the package will attempt to activate online. If activation is not possible at deployment time either due to no Internet connectivity or proxy configuration, the packaged apps will continue to run. Apps attempt silent activation for seven days before they cease to function. After initial activation, the computers need to connect to Adobe servers once every 99 days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines