Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchored frame appears flush right in published output

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all.

I am using FM 2015 in a Windows 10 environment.

In some paragraphs, we use an anchored frame in the middle of a sentence to show a small icon. The anchored frame is positioned at the insertion point. In PDF output, the icon remains in the correct location. In published .chm output, the icon appears flush right, followed by a hard return, breaking up the paragraph.

Sample icon placement.jpg

The Publish Settings don't include any settings for anchored frames (that I have been able to find). Why is the location of the anchored frame changing?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plot thickens. When I strip out the conditions, the icons are positioned correctly in the .chm output!

The conditions control version-related text. The entire chapter is applicable to only one version, so the entire chapter has a condition applied to it. When that condition is included, the chapter appears in the output. When the condition is excluded, the entire chapter is excluded.

The problem occurs, of course, when the condition is included and the .chm output includes that chapter. Why would a condition, applied globally, affect the position of the anchored frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What actual content is the rogue Condition applied to?

I'm wondering if there some formatting or style associated with that content, which is shifting placement in the HTML workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is applied to Body text, the usual flush-left, unadorned text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines