• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change book numbering properties

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FM15. The book numbering properties section is grayed out, so I can't change whatever attributes it has. This is a problem because it's not letting me change chapter numbering at the file level. When I go to generate the book, it says the file properties are different than the book properties, so it's overwriting the chapter numbering I've put in with whatever it thinks it is supposed to be at the book level - which is wrong. So I have two chapter 4's with no way to change them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any groups or folders in your book structure?

When you say that the book numbering properties section is grayed out, are you referring to the Numbering... context menu or specific tabs in the Numbering Properties window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Numbering context menu is grayed out. I don’t have groups or folders in my book structure. It is very simple – just chapters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it also grayed out using the menus Format > Document > Numbering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that’s what I meant. That is where it’s grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen capture of the book panel (use the Insert Image icon in the Forum's editor).

Have you also tried the context menu in the book> Right-click on the file and see if the Numbering... option is not grayed out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, I can’t reply on the forum – only through email. Can’t get a screenshot either, sorry. Numbering on the context menu is also grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you logged in with your Adobe ID on the Forums? Otherwise, it will be just read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you show what the Book file window looks like please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines