• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated Paragraph Formats in Table of Contents

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FrameMaker 2019 and I'm encountering a strange issue. When I generate the TOC for my book, all entries in the TOC are duplicated, meaning the elements are listed properly and then they are all listed again. The first set of entries includes right tab top and leaders, then immediately following this, everything is listed again, this time without the leaders or tab stop.

The only thing that I can think of that might be related is that I recently started getting unavailable font errors every time I update the book. TO remedy this, I had to replace courier with courier new in my template. I don't see how the two could be related, but its also a recent problem.

I'll continue to troubleshoot it, but if anyone can think of a reason as to why this might be happening, I'd appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I've noticed is that when I select the "first" TOC, everything is listed as the "body" paragraph format whereas in the second half, all entries have their correct format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're working in unstructured Frame, I'd check the reference page for TOC entries and make sure I didn't have the TOC formats listed twice with different formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks linsims​ I ended up having additional issues with my TOC and read about the reference page. Since working with the reference page, this problem has not come back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on Lin's solution, check the TOC reference page for paragraphs containing

<$paratext> <$paranum>

One of these lines is likely formatted with the tag you are putting into the TOC.

However, the info should only appear once, regardless of how many times the paragraph tag is used on the reference page.

Try right-clicking on your TOC in the book file to Set up TOC.

Do you have two similar tags listed in the setup?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt. Things improved when I started working with these lines in the TOC reference pages. Out of curiosity, I currently have three instances of the same tag in my TOC reference page. I've been trying to figure out why. I think it has something to do with the fact that I had two instances of the same paragraph style (one with a space in the name and one without). I deleted one of them but it still remains in the TOC reference page. Is it safe to delete these lines in the reference page or is there a better way to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's not being used in the TOC, you can delete it from the reference page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines