• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2019: Welcome screen not displaying properly again

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM 2019; the welcome screen just started showing HUGELY blown up and unresponsive.2020-05-12_17-40-11.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Somebody seems to have stumbled onto something that fixes the zoomed up screen size -
"I inadvertently held down the [Shift] key and used the mouse wheel to scroll down one click and the whole page rezoomed to it's original intended state... why? I don't know, but all the functionality returned... weird."
See this thread - https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/framemaker-2019-resources-splash-page-incorrec...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Issue with welcome screen in FM2019 and FM2017 has been fixed from backend , No action needed from user .

-Pulkit Nagpal

-FM/FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

We are getting this checked.

Thanks

Amitoj Singhh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, it's fixed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. For now we have done a quick fix but we may be doing a permanent fix in next 24 hours so it is possible that for you may see this issue crop up for a couple of hours before being fixed. We are trying to minize the window for this and keeping at odd hours.

Sorry for the trouble.

thanks

Amitoj Sinngh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem occured on my computer today - 17th Feb 2022. The welcome screen file looks ok on the browsers. It stays ok if I disconnect from the internet before I open the program. I deleted the program and downloaded the latest version from the Adobe website. Still the same. I am using Windows 10 Pro, Adobe FrameMaker 2019 15.0.8.979.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too … possibly just after I caught up with the latest upgrade, but I can't be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me 2 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens again. See this post 

By experiments I found that the culprit must be here:

<h5><span id="DITA_Standard">(DITA-1.2)</span> <a id="FM_DITA_OPTIONS" href="http://fm-welcomescreen/?cmd=newxml-dita-options" class="">Change DITA Version</a></h5>

Wrapping this as XMl comment lets the Welcome screen work again.

Just using the context function menu Back does not provide a screen with the favourites/last used files which is cumbersome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has happened previously with FrameMaker is that a third party have changed their software and it has caused a problem with FrameMaker. E.g. at one point FrameMaker refused to print documents to Adobe Acrobat. We had to go to other PDF programs until FrameMaker sorted out the problem. Fortunately, this time most of the features on the Welcome screen are available in the drop-down menus.

In the previous discussions on this subject it never seemed to have a solution. We must wait and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody seems to have stumbled onto something that fixes the zoomed up screen size -
"I inadvertently held down the [Shift] key and used the mouse wheel to scroll down one click and the whole page rezoomed to it's original intended state... why? I don't know, but all the functionality returned... weird."
See this thread - https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/framemaker-2019-resources-splash-page-incorrec...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue with welcome screen in FM2019 and FM2017 has been fixed from backend , No action needed from user .

-Pulkit Nagpal

-FM/FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines