• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker Publish to HTML Help in FM 2020 map file not created correctly.

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Framemaker 2020 (16.0.2.916), when I generate an HTML help CHM file and have a Map file (.h) in the book directory, the .h file is generated and it pulls the Map numbers from the file correctly, but the file name is set to the repeated book name (bookbook.h) instead of  (book.h). If I don't have a map file in the directory, it creates the .h file with the correct name, but, of course, without the correct Map numbers from the now missing .h file. The same source files work fine in FM 2017 and in FM 2019, but not in FM 2020. I can't find any references to this in the forums. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

TOPICS
Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it make any difference if you create HTML5 output? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't make a difference. I get the file name problem with both outputs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, just wanted to confirm - if you're totally up to date (not sure what the release level is at the moment), then you should file a bug in the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am up to date. At least it says I am when I check for updates. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filed a bug (https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-10551). There are a few others in there that broke FM 2019 functionality as well. Might have to stick with 2019 for a while. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, if you just rename it in the output does that fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, unfortuneately it doesn't. The .h file is used to insert the ID markers (numbers) at the locations in the HTML indicated by the CSH markers in the FM source as the HTML files are generated and the CHM is compiled. When the .h file doesn't match the book file name, the compile process ignores it and inserts the default IDs in the HTML so the CHM file has the wrong IDs. The .h file is not used in the HTML help after compile and doesn't ship with the CHM file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines