• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm trying to add a row to the bottom of a table but framemaker 2019 wont let me put the cursor in the table to add/edit text.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a table and added a row to the bottom. As I added text to the row, it moved onto the next page. Once I clicked out of the table, I was unable to click back in it in the new row that was added. There is a squiggly paragraph symbol on the outside left of the new row in the table. This is the issue. How do I get rid of that symbol and put it beneath the table where it belongs? I am not able to place the cursor inside the table with it there. The cursor always goes outside the table to that symbol.

framemaker_table_issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a work-around by deleting the last page with the misbehaving row. When I added a row again, the paragraph marker was gone and I was able to click in the table to edit it. Is there a better way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan:

The "squiggly paragraph symbol" is the end of flow marker. Oddly, your screenshot shows two on one page, outside the table, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe there was some corruption and deleting the last page took care of it? Without looking at the original file, it's just guesswork at this point.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like an inadvertent text frame may have been created and landed on top of the regular text flow content. This is easy to accidentally create in FM. If you happen to hold the Ctrl-key down and select the text frame and make just even a slight move of the text frame (and have Snap on), FM will copy the object (the text frame) and snap it back to the original location when you release the Ctrl-key and mouse. If the content was blank when this happened, you'll never even suspect that there are now two superimposed frames on the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense, and explains the two end of flow markers in the positions they are shown. Also, why Dan couldn't edit the table, if it was under the duplicate frame.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been there, done that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines