Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index entries are not added to Index

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a FM 11 book with the existing Index, which I keep updating from release to release. This time, when creating Index markers, they do not appear in the generated Index. Typically, after creating Index markers in chapters, I update book, and then new Index entries appear in the Index. But not this time. Could you please advise how this can be fixed?

Thanks you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Try renaming them both (inside FM to something like "orig"), then regenerate new ones - then you can either import the formatting from the original ones or use the renaming trick (outside of FM) to treat the originals as the newly generated ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us a screenshot (use the web interface) of what one of the "missing" markers is configured as? When you updated the book, did you select the IX file for generating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for replying. Attached are two screenshots:

1. This is how the Index entry configuration looks like (I simply select the text that I want to index and use this text as the name for my Index entry, and then I click New Marker).

FM_Index_1.png

2. My settings when updating the book.

FM_Index_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see the issue (or at the symptom of the issue) - your #2 screen doesn't list the book_nameTOC.fm or book_nameIX.fm files as going to be generated. Have a look at the book - do those files exist? If not, you're going to have to add them back into your book. FM doesn't think there are any generated TOC or IX files present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

The Index and TOC files are added to the book (please see the image below). I tried deleting and adding them back again, but this didn't fix the issue. Can this be some FM bug? Do you have any other possible solutions to this? Any input will be appreciated.

FM_Index_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming them both (inside FM to something like "orig"), then regenerate new ones - then you can either import the formatting from the original ones or use the renaming trick (outside of FM) to treat the originals as the newly generated ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff,

The renaming trick worked for me! The book just didn't recognize my index file as actual Index. Thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines