• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is my text anchored to the table below it?

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. I'm running into this issue: I have a graphic, then a caption below, then an inserted table, then another tabe, etc. On the right facing page, the graphic goes almost to the bottom, and one line of the two-line caption is below that, but the second line of the caption pops over to the top of the left-facing page just above the table (which it isn't supposed to go with). I've tried checking to see if the paratags or the caption have anything checked as far as keep with previous or next paragraph: nothing. I tried pulling up the graphic frame, but it doesn't bring that second line over unless it can also bring that table with it. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2022-08-04 154555.png

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

@TeamMancomm:

The table is anchored to the end of the figure caption. Move the table anchor up next to the figure anchor. Fm will then run them consecutively. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Widow/Orphan Lines set at for the paragraph format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many distinct Flow A paragraphs?

How is the caption being done (FM is weak on this, having no Anchored Frame-Above).
2 Tables, inside what?
Be sure to check Keep-With on the para following all of the above.

If CT's widow/orphan tip doesn't lead to an instant solution, there are other suspects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Rick's solution (set your Widow/Orphan to 2 or more) doesn't work, see if you've anchored your table in the Figure Title paragraph.

To check, turn on your text symbols.

Feel free to repost the screen image with the text symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's a screen image with text sybmols: I tried adjusting widow/orphans and the keep-with settings but either I didn't

Screenshot 2022-08-05 110252.png

 

do it correctly or there is some other issue, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TeamMancomm:

The table is anchored to the end of the figure caption. Move the table anchor up next to the figure anchor. Fm will then run them consecutively. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Barb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines