Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Messy paragraph format assignments when calling the "Update book" function

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
If you are using the unstructured FrameMaker and have problems with messed up paragraph formats after calling the "Update book" function, you might want to upvote (by adding a comment) this ticket: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-12115

This problem has been posted in the Adobe Forum in 2011 but Adobe still has not fixed this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/text-inset-and-paragraph-format/m-p/3702132 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never encountered such problems (FM 12 … FM-16).

But: I always use an empty paragraph for the inset-anchor and place a non-breaking space after the anchor. The paragraph itself uses minimal text height and nothing before/after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use insets, but I do use conditional text and see this happening when I have a table anchor in the line right after the condition ends. Unless I'm doing a run-in graphic, my table anchors are always on a line by themselves with the minimal line spacing and table placement trick. If the line before the one holding the table anchor is part of conditioned text, the line holding the table anchor is given the paragaph format of the conditioned text after the conditioned text is hidden.

One of my standard checks these days is to search for table anchors and apply the Default Font to the table anchor lines. It's annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines