Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting an STS Preset File in the Word Import dialog crashes Frame 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm importing Word 2016 files into Frame 2019 using Copy Into Document. After mapping the Word doc styles to my Frame doc formats in the Word Import dialog, I created a Preset File to save my map choices. The process works fine for the initial import after creating the STS file, but when when trying to repeat the Word file import process for another Frame file, Frame consistently crashes when I try to select my saved STS file in Word Import dialog. I've tried saving the STS to another location, but Frame still crashes.

I don't see this issue on the Forum, so wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

-Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Thanks Jeff. We are looking into this and once fixed, we will share an interim build. This will also be part of Update 3 planned for early March launch.

Regards

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the crash log generated or if possible share the word file you are trying to import with us so we can look into this issue.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Email: amisingh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it's the Word files. Selecting a previously-saved STS file causes the crash no matter which Word file I try to import. I'm happy to share them though, but don't see a way to attach files to this thread.

Also, I can't find the crash logs. Per another "crash-related" question, I looked in C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\15 for the .dmp file but don't see it. The latest consfile.txt from yesterday (01/22) only contains some "unavailable font" messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed you one of the Word 2016 files and the 2019 STS. I'll send you the crash report once you let me know where to find it.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. We are looking into this and once fixed, we will share an interim build. This will also be part of Update 3 planned for early March launch.

Regards

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fix works!  I can now re-use my STS on other Word imports and it maintains my choices without crashing Frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines