Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong indentation of Tabstop in ToC - FrameMaker 15

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have generated TOC for my manual in FrameMaker 2015.  I formatted the TOC paragraph styles as per our style guide.

Added a tab stop as displayed.

2.png

In the TOC paragraph style, when I select the tab stop and apply to TOC as displayed below:

3.png

I am facing an issue in adding a Tab stop to the TOC paragraph styles. When I select the Tab stop and Click Apply. The indentation is as displayed below:

4.png

Please let me know the reason for this indentation.

Regards,

Manasi.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Hello Manasi,

You need to add another tab stop to handle the tab character between the paragraph number and the chapter title text. If you add (for example) a 15mm left aligned tab stop everything will align as you require. The exact position of the additional tab stop is up to you of course.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Manasi,

You need to add another tab stop to handle the tab character between the paragraph number and the chapter title text. If you add (for example) a 15mm left aligned tab stop everything will align as you require. The exact position of the additional tab stop is up to you of course.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines