• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fresco for Windows only for Surfaces.

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Adobe Fresco for Windows 10 is available only for Microsoft devices?

I have an Asus ZenBook and I can not dowload it. Is there some real tecnical reason behind this decision?

When would be possible to know if this app will be available also for other Windows Users?

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Hello,

We'd like to inform that we’ve launched Adobe Fresco with support for ten devices (just know that we’ll add more as we work with Windows hardware partners):

• Microsoft Surface Pro 4, 5, 6
  • Microsoft Surface Book 1, 2
  • Microsoft Surface Studio 1, 2
  • Microsoft Surface Go
  • Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13″, 16"

You may also check the blog post on https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-fresco-is-at-max-again-on-windows/

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We'd like to inform that we’ve launched Adobe Fresco with support for ten devices (just know that we’ll add more as we work with Windows hardware partners):

• Microsoft Surface Pro 4, 5, 6
  • Microsoft Surface Book 1, 2
  • Microsoft Surface Studio 1, 2
  • Microsoft Surface Go
  • Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13″, 16"

You may also check the blog post on https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-fresco-is-at-max-again-on-windows/

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope you can work quickly with other hardware partners.  I have a Lenovo X1 Yoga with the same Intel GPU as a Surface, and it also has 10-point touch and full Wacom pen support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No love for Surface Pro 3? Darn. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need it for Surface pro 3! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jeannieh83919971,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand your interest in using Fresco on your Surface Pro 3. However, I must inform you that Fresco has specific system requirements that need to be met in order to run the application. Unfortunately, the Surface Pro 3 does not meet these requirements.

Fresco requires a minimum of 8GB RAM, Windows 10 version 22H2 or later, and a GPU that supports DirectX 12_1. The Surface Pro 3 hardware specifications do not meet these requirements, which is likely why you're experiencing difficulties accessing Fresco.

I recommend checking the official system requirements page for Adobe Fresco for the most up-to-date information on compatible devices and hardware specifications. 

If you have any more questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, has the list of compatible devices been updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kwabena34740712zdqv,

Yes, the list of compatible devices for Adobe Fresco was updated on December 6, 2023. If you have specific questions about device compatibility or if you are looking for information about a particular device, feel free to provide more details, and I'll do my best to assist you!

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know or if you have any other questions.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Are they compatible with Samsung products?

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep on getting notifications that this is the right answer to the question in my post, but it is NOT.

I asked WHY Fresco has been developed for iPad one year before any other platform, and on top of that why you claim that is now avalable for PC when in reality is only available for some Microsoft and Wacom devices, which are just a portion of yours PC subscribers... You keep on answering that is now available for Surface and Wacom MobileStudio...  which is not an answer, it is actually a way to avoid to answer the question.

A "good" answer for example could be: " Here in Adobe we have users Gold ( Apple ones ), users Silver ( Microsoft and Wacom users ) and all the others... well, we really don't care."

Being one of the "others" than I could say: " if that is the case, how come my subscription does not cost any less than the gold and silver people?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mau_Design.

We realize that the number of Windows devices is currently quite limited but the Fresco team is working on supporting additional Windows devices. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are they working slow or fast? I want to use Fresco like others do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same question for Lenovo Yoga C940. Other software like Clip Studio is working very well right out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lenovo C940 15" 2 in 1 laptop and I cannot install Fresco. We all know it has what it takes to run it. This is so unfair! We all pay the same subscription price in the end, anyone should be able to use the apps on any device with a Windows tablet mode available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI I just checked on Google for an .exe installation file of Fresco to download (based on recommendations I could read here). From there the installation was complete and it logged me automatically in my Creative Cloud Subscription and Fresco is now available and works like a charm. This was just obvious my laptop could run it. So really Adobe, what kind of game are you playing here with your subscribers? Why not making it available from the creative cloud app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a HP Elitebook x360 which both have good resolution, pressure sensitivity etc.

Would really like this series aswell to be added to Frescos device list.

I enjoy working in Photoshop more than Illustrator when drawing on a large monitor but the UI resolution (even on 200 %) really makes drawing difficult on smaller screens. Fresco seems like the next way to go.

Thanks in advance.

//HFor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would also like to add the HP Elitebook x360 screen supports 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity and the HP Active Pen has support for tilt and is apparantly based on Wacom AES technology. 

Any timeline on when good products that easily could run this software (in this case the HP Elitebook 360) will be added would be much appreciated, thanks!

/HFOR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - nice to see : ) thanks

Feature request: PC/Surface Book:

Can you please add some PC keyboard shortcuts - priority : "R" for rotate the artboard  while in "desktop" mode  - like in Photoshop

reason: I use Fresco on my Surface Book (but often in "desktop" format - hooked up to external monitor/ Wacom Tablet - mainly to save neck strain)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I understand the frustration that adobe cloud won't let you install fresco on your device if its not on the list of supported devices. If you look on the minimum specs however you see that a broad number of windows tablets or tablet-pcs should be able to run fresco. I was also extremely frustrated with this and cancelled by adobe subscription because of that. I searched for a workaround and I am using the free version at the moment with a yoga x1 subnotebook.

This is how to run it on a non supported device: Just install fresco by downloading the files required for the installation from another source than adobes download manager (which won't let you download it...). Then install it with setup normally and you will be asked for your account when running fresco to register your licence and access the cloud. The only issue I have is that the inverser button isn't working.

Good luck, frustrated fellow artists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the tip. Even though I understand there's more complexity adding new devices I would argue that it would be better to just let Adobe subscribers download and install Fresco. Problems can then be dealt with afterwards. Followed your advice and now it's working with pressure sensitivity and everything. Good tip! 🙂
Update: Tilt works on my HP x360 aswell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mau_Design: I also have Asusu Zenbook Pro and would be happy to know if you have already been able to install and use Adobe Fresco. Many thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can do a google search for the .exe file

I found mine on this website: https://filecr.com/windows/adobe-fresco/

From there you can install it regardless the Creative Cloud app compatibility warnings.

Note that you may experience bad performances if your computer specs are not similar to the ones of the compatible devices listed by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the post by @MOX, I installed Adobe Fresco (from 1.5 to 1.8) on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1 and it works beautifully, including the impressive Live Brushes! It looks like Adobe Fresco already works great on many more devices than the very limited official list. Adobe, if you need help testing Fresco on more devices, why don't you involve the community in beta testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good post! I second that. The community would give adobe feedback, for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, in Fresco 1.9 (August 2020) Adobe extended support to basically every device with a modern GPU (Intel or Nvidia GPU with DirectX Feature Level 12.1). I happily installed the official Fresco 1.9 on my Lenovo 2-in-1. See system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines