• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple pencil pressure sensitivity in Fresco

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the option to adjust the input sensitivity, but the range isn't variable enough. In other drawing apps, I can adjust the sensitivity to be extremely light, and get expected results – but in Fresco, at the lightest setting, I have to really push the pencil against the screen to use many brushes. My finger seems to be better, but this isn't suitable for accuracy. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Hoping that more advanced settings will become available?

TOPICS
Live brushes , Pixel Brushes , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

I do see a bit of difference between different brushes, but I think that can also be attributed to the brush settings themselves.

There has been another post on this same topic and the response indicates that a pressure curve setting is under consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Some brushes are more sensitive than others...almost like people. So depending on the brush you use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen that issue.  The pressure sensitivity set on mine works amazingly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. That's odd that mine isn't behaving the same, even though it's super responsive on other apps 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completely with you on this. Sensitivity is not great and only get the faintest lines without pressing hard. The comments here are not very helpful,' try again etc. ' just know you're not alone and I would love a solve for this too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a really dissappointing performance, to be honest I've slipped back into using other apps because of it. Maybe some updates will come..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. I've been forced to switch to Fresco because of the lack of development and bugs in Adobe Sketch and have found this to be the most dissappointing feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see a bit of difference between different brushes, but I think that can also be attributed to the brush settings themselves.

There has been another post on this same topic and the response indicates that a pressure curve setting is under consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I hope that becomes the case. Maybe I should take a look at the brush settings, but when the issues seems so widespread in the choices, I wonder if there's another setting that I'm missing. Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

preasure sensitivity is working great with Fresco. Try again!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the program for several weeks, so I've already tried again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some brushes are more sensitive than others...almost like people. So depending on the brush you use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's entirely different. I am able to get amazing responsiveness using my finger, but not using the pencil. And it's not an issue with the pencil, as it works fine in other drawing apps. I am not the only person reporting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stacey, I did have the same problem with the live brush !! You just have to press into "brush setting" ( when you choose each brush) then "pressure dynamics" and adjust the "size" and the "flow" for example in "watercolor round" I put size: 14% and flow: 73%. Works with the pencil exactly as my finger!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having trouble with Apple Pencil pressure. I've selected charcoal of say 8 px thick and when I try to draw it requires too much pressure to be able to actually draw. Otherwise it doesn't even show up on the canvas. It wasn't always like this. Maybe a setting was changed that I don't remember. When I draw with my finger it works normally. With Adobe Sketch, it works fine too. I have the pressure setting in its lightest setup but can't figure out how to fix this. Other pencil effects seem to work okay but there's something wrong with the charcoal. Really appreciate some help here, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janozcivelek. 

Sorry the brushes aren't working correctly with Pencil. I tested the Charcoal brushes on my device and they are working as expected so I'd like you to check Pressure Sensitivity in App Settings.

But we do hear this with some frequency with regard to Fresco's Pixel brushes. They all respond extremely well to finger pressure but when used with a pressure-sensitive stylus they require quite a bit more pressure. And some,  not intended to be used at small sizes don't work with Pencil at all unless they're sized-up (which I think could be the problem with the Charcoal brushes. 

A couple of things:
* Please tell me which brushes are not working (and the size settings at which you're using them), so I can test them on my end.

* Please also check Pressure Sensitivity in App Settings:
From the Home screen in Fresco tap the gear icon in the upper nav.
In the App Settings menu tap Input > Pressure Sensitivity make sure the slider is all the way to the left and test the Lettering brushes.

Let me know and we can go from there.

Sue.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I'm using charcoal brush of size 8. My pressure sensitivity is already on the lightest configuration. My finger input, as you said, works fine, however with Apple Pencil, it barely draws anything unless I really press hard. For the time being, I switched to the Sketch App which works fine. But let me know if you can draw as expected with similar setup as mine. Other than that, I ran out of ideas. I even deleted and reinstalled the app with no results. I guess I will have to wait for a software update or something. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Canozcivelek.

None of the Charcoal brushes are intended to be used at 8px. If you look at them in the Pixel brushes menu you'll notice that they show up there with a suggested/default size and that's the minimum size to get the best performance from them. But, even at those suggested sizes, I had to use some pressure to draw with them until I adjusted the Pen Pressure.

Try playing with some of those settings in the Brush Settings panel and see if you come up with something that makes it less likely that you have to apply extreme pressure to your screen (I was using a different brush when I made the screenshot below but the setting is the same for the Charcoal brushes).

BrushSettings.2.PNG

Just keep in mind... Some of Fresco's brushes just will not work well AT ALL at small sizes when using a pressure sensitive stylus; but hopefully some of these Pen Pressure adjustments will make a difference for you.

I hope that helps a bit. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines