• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas Projection On Desktop

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was disappointed not to find this option available to me in the new update. I work on my Surface Book 2 and like to switch between Fresco and Photoshop. Particularly because of the Fresco pencils and the fact tilt still does not work in Photoshop on my device. In Photoshop I make do with the navigator, but was excited to a have a more dedicated option here.

I couldn't find anyone else talking about this, though I may have missed something. I am making a post to express interest and hopefully receive official confirmation that this option is not currently available in the desktop version, since I couldn't find any mention of this in the update. 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that the Canvas Projection is not available to all users yet.

I work with Fresco on the ipad and I have this option in my settings menu but when i connect my ipad to my laptop with a USB-C nothing happen! I couldn't find any information except this link, sorry.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/using/whats-new/2022-1.html

It would be great to have some tutorial from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your issue may be because you are trying to project to a laptop and not a dedicated external display. To the best of my knowledge, most laptops do not support using the screen to display input from other sources. For example, you can project from the laptop to a TV, but you could not plug in a game console and display that on your laptop screen. If you have the opportunity, try plugging in to a regular computer monitor or TV and see if that works for you.

I appreciate the response. Indeed, there is very little information on the update page that details who the features are available to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Reporting a similar issue to Imposer with the new feature for Canvas Projection from desktop.
In Fresco App Settings, I get no option for canvas projection from two instances on separate machines.
I have been testing display to a dedicated external display via USB-C and HDMI.
Hope someone from Adobe or from the community can add some insight here.
And a Happy New Year to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's reassuring to know that I am not the only one. Hopefully we get some sort of official word soon.

A little late but a Happy New Year to you as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn't work😕. I guess we just have to wait for the next Fresco update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, sorry to hear it didn't work. Yes, that seems like our only option at the moment. I have hope they will address it in a timely manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! 

I also hit this issue and couldn't find the answer here, but it's simple. 

You need

-a cable with a USB-c end and HDMI on the other end. 

-Ipad

-external screen 

In Fresco turn ON the CANVAS PROJECTION. Then plug the cables in Ipad and the external screen.

Enjoy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regretably, not working on any Windows machines of my acquaintance. Maybe someone else knows better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry to hearing this. I work on Ipad Pro from '21 and connect this with Philips 276E external screen. The screen is usually connected to Windows 10 laptop and works fine.

I hope you find a way..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines