Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Erase all of a color

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently switched over to Fresco from Draw. Is there the ability to erase/clear all of a color on a layer in Fresco?

The situation: I am drawing in vector. Have a layer that is all blue. I started a new layer and drew some fancy yellow designs on it. Somewhere along the way, I ended up back on the blue layer and didn't realize it. Now half of my designs are on a new layer and half of them are on the blue. I really don't want to have to redraw them all. In Draw, with the erase tool selected, you could press & hold on a color in your drawing and all of that color (that was connected) would be erased. So I would just duplicate the layer and erase all of the blue and ta-da! only the yellow designs are left. Can you do something like that in Fresco?? In the end I can always just trace the designs onto a new layer, but I really would like to know if this is possible for future things. 

Thank you

TOPICS
How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the closest you would come to doing what you want would be to use the select tool. Duplicate the layer. Trace the shapes you want to keep, inverse selection with the More option then Erase. Then of course colour the yellow on the blue layer so that it is a solid layer again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I was afraid that something like this would be the only option available. For something less intricate, this option would work well enough, but I ended up just redrawing the designs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines