• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export motion animation in 4k full resolution

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an animation (a simple looping video) with a large, high resolution file (6000 x 7200). When I export this animation to video, I cannot maintain my resolution and Fresco apppears to downscale it. I have tried gif and mp4 options. Both options show on screen that my resolution will be maintained, but the final export is actually smaller (852 x 1024). What can I do to maintain the original resolution? I am trying to export the animation to 4k.

Here's something unusual I noticed: When I open and close the export window, I see different resolution outputs. Below are two images that i see when I go to export. I've made no changes other than opening/closing the window. I see different content in the "resolution" element. In either case the video always exports to the smaller resolution of 852px. IMG_5323.jpgIMG_5322.jpg

TOPICS
Publish & export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size was the original file? I never heard of a GIF at 4K...but then again, I've only seen them online, where you don't need anything more than a 72DPI file.  I'm not really in the know behind the scenes with Fresco, but like with the animation tools in Procreate,  I don't think the animation features in the app are intended for 4K production work, but more intended for simple gifs for web use.  I could be totally wrong 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original file was 6000 x 7200. It started as a static piece and then I added motion to it. I'm open to exporting in any format as long as I can get a higher resolution. Both gif and mpeg options rendering a smaller final image.

If Fresco only renders at a max size, I'm okay with that, but it isn't clear in the UI and it would be nice to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same difficulty, and I might have discovered a pattern -- and a way to export motion at a higher resolution.  In my case, it's *almost* but not quite full canvas resolution.  I'm curious if this works for you!

Starting with a 4800x2700px canvas with multiple layers, at least two of which have Motion (paths):

1) Publish --> Export --> Motion

2) Change from GIF to MP4.  Notice that the resolution does not change.

3) Click "Done" to close out

4) Open the export window again:  Publish --> Export --> Motion

5) The Format is still set to MP4 but now the resolution is the full canvas size!

6) Generate Frames

7) Export (I've been setting it to airdrop the reesulting file to my macbook)
8) Receive an MP4 file that is 4096 × 2304

I've tried this with three canvases of the same starting size (4800x2700px) and same resulting MP4 size (4096 × 2304).  I've also tried it for a1920x1080 starting canvas size, which resulted in an MP4 of the same size (1920x1080px).

Does the same process work for you?

Adobe Team, it would be fantastic to have a way to manually set the export size, and an explicit maximum export size would be useful as well.  I love Fresco and use in my work most days.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-up, I'm thinking now that for canvases above a certain unknown size, GIFs always export small and that MP4s always export larger -- regardless of the resolution size shown in Fresco before you Generate Frames.  That is to say, I haven't been able to generate a GIF and an MP4 of the same resolution, even if the export panel lists the same resolution efore generating frames.  (I don't really need to do this, but it's useful to know).

There appears to be a different maximum export size for each, though I haven't done the trial-and-error to pinpoint these maximums.

For a 4800x2700px canvas, exporting a PNG Sequence results in a collection of full-res images -- regardless of the resolution listed prior to generating frames.  Two possible explainations come to mine:  either PNG Sequences hav ea higher maximum resolution, which I haven't hit yet, or they always export at the canvas size.

Are you seeing similar behavior on your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I will try that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines