Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting elements that have been masked are pixelated on Adobe Fresco

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, 

I was drawing only with vectors and started using the clipping mask the other day, I exported my whole file as a PDF and then when I opened on AI, I noticed that some parts where pixelated, then realized that the parts that were pixelated where the parts where I used the clipping mask.

Why? 😞 How can I avoid this?

I added the screenshots from my iPad and from my laptop.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Publish & export , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance this has been solved? I have the same problem! When using a clipping mask on a vector layer it exports as pixelated. When merging the layers it also turns into a pixelated layer. How do I export my clipping mask in vector??? This shouldn't be complicated? What am I missing?

Thanks for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Clipping masks show up as rasterized in Adobe Illustrator because Ai does not handle them in the same way that Photoshop does (in Ai they require vector shapes). And, since clipping masks will not supported by Illustrator (in the same way that they are in Photoshop), the way they export from Fresco might not be altered. 

Better preserving vectors when vector layers are involved in clipping groups is a change that could happen in Fresco down the road but people do need to let the team know that they want/need this functionality. Please request it by posting on UserVoice; it's easy to access from within Fresco:
* From the Home screen tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
* Then from the App Settings menu go to Help > Support > Suggest a feature

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the same thing recently when I exported my files from fresco to continue editing in Illustrator. My workaround is once I finished drawing in Fresco, I 'release' all the clipping mask (your artwork will look a bit haywire because of this) but bare with it just for a while. Then export your fresco artwork to PDF as per normal, and when you are in Illustrator, all the layers will be vector. Just do the clipping mask for that particular object or layer again in Illustrator and there you have it. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good workaround, thanks for the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines