Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Adobe Fresco for Android

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is Adobe Fresco coming to Android? If it is, are there any release dates yet or perhaps even a beta tester program?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Hi prubini87,

Thanks for your interest in Fresco. As of now Fresco is only available for iPad but we're working on developing the app for other platforms and devices. I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the product team. 

Stay tuned for more updates!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this was over two years ago, and they haven't even bothered to give any update on this issue despite how upset so many of their paying customers are (and they have every right to be). They could at least come out and say with certainty that it's not coming to Android. That'd at least be a decent way to communicate with their customers instead of trying to lead them around by their noses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eventually?? I think eventually I'll cancel my Creative Cloud! It can't be that I've been paying the same money as iOs users for 2 years and can't use almost any app on my Android device. Instead, I now have to buy other programs to be able to draw. I am a 1-woman company and cannot and do not want to buy overpriced devices like the iPad. I'm very disappointed and angry! I've been using Photoshop and Illustrator on PC for many years and I really like the programs. But that's not how it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's safe to say this is not the correct answer. Anyone equally as frustrated should head to their Instagram page after you leave the forum specifically made for us to yell into the void about not being able to create because the software subscription we pay for pulled the rug from under us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly does eventually look like?  Is it still in the pipe?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SMFH feels like you're pulling our leg. It isn't good business practice not to listen to a decent part of your customers, as they are part of why you're in business. This situation should've been addressed long ago. Doing things like this makes once reliable customers leave your business alone. Please fix this yesterday because for this to be on the iPad only and not androids like my Galaxy Tab S7 shows a lack of respect for your loyal customers to even newer customers like myself. I love that it works with my computer but I'm on the move a lot and would prefer to use my tablet while I'm out. Thanks and have an awesome day, stay blessed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, and I have said as much on several forums. This is why I cancelled my subscription. The idea that you can charge people $53 per month to use services, take away a user-friendly illustration app and replace it with an Apple only app speaks volumes. And they no shame because they have yet to explain why there is no Android mobile illustration application, they just keep promising to supply one. They've had years to solve this, and they haven't, not because they can't but because they won't; they don't respect Android customers. Our money spends just like everybody else's so why are they depriving Android users of the convenience of having a mobile illustration app?

Get Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's up with that Android version??? I postponed buying Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra since I want to use it mostly for drawing but... there's no Adobe app for doing that. I love Adobe products but it really sucks I can't enjoy all the apps I pay for. So... Is it ever going to be released or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to report this comment because this is a lie. It's the end of 2022 now, and in 16 days it will be 2023. Still no news or anything for Android version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe ghosting a huge part of its customer base?  This is crazy!  I have been engaged with Adobe products from their very beginning.  I've never seen them treat paying customers this badly.  They need to wake up before competitors start to bite into their base.  Do they really want to be just an Apple company?  That would be a serious mistake!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they definitely want to be in all hands as possible. If they wanted to be Apple only, they wouldn't have Fresco for Windows. I mean they don't even have a version of the app for the Mac. They want to make sure it runs as great and bug free as possible. And really, if they made one for the Android, the only device I could see it being compatible with is the Galaxy Tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there un update of the fresco android progess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Huion brand monitor and interactive touch pen. I would LOVE to be able to use Fresco, but I see it is currently only available for Apple and Wacom products. Will Fresco ever be available for the type of monitor I have? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is Fresco for Windows. So you can work with it. Now let's hope for an Android version quick because I really want to ditch that crappy iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  I totally agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the basic logic within the Adobe business model concerning it's software product support pathway?  Dropping Adobe Draw and removing vector Export and then not offering Fresco (and when they do it will be lesser than the full version) for Andriod users is monumentally going to be crippling from millions of small businesses and freelanceer.

Android users garnish circa 72% of the world market share of devices whilst Apple own a meager 26% of the market share, and yet Apple users for some reason get the cream of the crop for useability on their devices agains Android.

If nothing else, Adobe are missing out on $£Billions in revenue by cutting off the product support for Android users across the world SO I ask this to the CEO, CFO, COO and their Boardmembers... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think with these apps, Apple's OS tend to get features first because the devices are running the same version of the OS, it makes it so much easier to develop for and perfect.  Windows and Android come later because of so many variations of the OS, a lot of the devices are not running the same version of the OS, some are running versions that are several years old and with that wide variety of the OS, it makes it extremely difficult to develop for it, because they need to make sure of the device limitations.  Which is why when Fresco rolled out to Windows, there was a small number of devices that slowly grew.  I get it,  you want Fresco on Android,  it's eventually going to come.  But do you want to wait to have a version that works properly and flawlessly on your device?  Or do you want it now and have a version that is potentially so buggy that it's unusable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly.... before Android users had something in the form of Draw.... now we have nothing. No draw, no fresco, and even worse, nothing on the horizon to solve the created problem.

Noone expects Adobe to have anything ready to go. They obviously do not. But committing to something would be better in this case. As there was something they just took away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ow and the "working perfect"argument falls flat too, because both both the iOS and MacOS versions have bugs. So.... yeah...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT was a complete fail. Gaslighting at its lowest. I'll give that poster a D for their ability to conjure up nonsensical BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITS BEEN YEARS! I pay for the adobe subscription and used sketch a lot! why would you drop Sketch without a replacement app for android users!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a Samsung S6 Lite Tablet and I'm just embarking on trying to find the best app that gives the most realistic emulation of painting on canvas using oils or acrylics and optionally (but not required) watercolors. There are so many apps to choose from hoping to same some time if someone would be so kind as to confirm some things about Fresco. Most all the reviews are more drawing than painting-centric.

1) Which fluid media can it emulate? Oils? Acrylic? Watercolor?

2) It appears to support what is commonly called "impasto" which is that it makes the brush strokes have depth and not be flat. Just confirming this is true and works well?

3) Using layers can you sort of designate the layer as wet paint or dry paint so that a subsequent layer on top of it will either blend/smear with or not smear with the underlying layer?

4) Does it support Samsung S-Pen so that when you tilt the pen the stroke gets wider as it would in real life with certain brushes?

5) Does it have creative options like emulation of a palette knife?

6) Can it create high enough resolution images that would be appropriate for quality prints on large canvases like 4-foot by 5-foot?

7) Is it currently stable and not crashing for Play Store download for Android Tablets?

Thanks much in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco is not yet available for Android tablets. So far, only Windows based tablets (Surface etc) or iOS based tablets (Ipads)
It is also available on windows desktops.

see the requirements here
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/fresco/system-requirements.html

This have been a request for quite some time, but we've seen no updates on this. I have no doubt it will be available on Android based tablets in the future, but not in a near one I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This app is not compatible to Android user at all, unlike the previous drawing apps, I cannot use Fresco on my Android phone or my iMac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right, Fresco isn't compatible with Android systems,

only on Ipad, Iphones, Windows tablets (Surface, HP, Lenovo, samsung... ) and Windows on desktop.
You can check all the requirements here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/fresco/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the other user stated, it's not available on Macs or Androids.  I've asked about Macs, especially since the M series macs use the same processor as iPads.  It seems more likely than Android.  And that's no slight to Android. It's just that there's so many different versions of Android running around, with manufacturers changing it to suit their devices and a lot of devices not even using the same generation of Android that it makes it very hard for them to develop it and make it bug free.  It's why they built on iPadOS first. There's no variation on the OS, and most are running the current build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines