Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill Issue with Shapes

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would appreciate you advise please. I have created some work which has a large number of shapes that have I have filled different colours but after completing a lot of work and decided to tweak some shape colours for some reason all shapes are connected.
As you can see from the pictures originally when I filled the shapes, they were complete distinguishable from each other but now changing one shape colour changes everything even the line colour. (Attached picture just to show issue)

Adobe Fresco.jpgAdobe Fresco_Fill Issue.jpg

This is really frustrating as I need to be able to develop the colour scheme over time. 

Any support really welcome

Thanks

Francis

TOPICS
Color

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Hi Francis,

The settings for the fill aren't in the app seetings (which are where the settings for the whole file would be, not the tool) but under the tool itself as I have shown in my screenshot

Screenshot 2023-02-13 193250.png

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/fresco/using/colors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Maybe I don't really understand your question, but the before (pink) and after (teal) images seems very similar to me in how the colours are distributed.

But I'll wander some hints:
The fill has some settings available

Imaginerie_0-1676198948829.png

So sometimes if you push the slider to the max, it fills shapes even if they're not really open.
It's a trial and error thing, see which one works and as soon as it fills more than it should do, then go back one point.

You might want to check the transparency settings: Maybe you need it off.

Imaginerie_1-1676199061408.png

last thing would be to check if you have really closed all shapes. If you get unwanted fills even at very low settings for the margin, it's likely that some paths/shapes are really open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the response really appreciate your feedback.

When I created the shapes and then used fill for colour and context each shape filled individually but later when I went back to change the fill colour of some shapes all shape are filled, so not sure why it has changed

Unfortunately I cannot see any setting for fill under App setting, not sure where else I can change this

Again thanks for responding

Cheers Francis

Sent from Mail<> for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francis,

The settings for the fill aren't in the app seetings (which are where the settings for the whole file would be, not the tool) but under the tool itself as I have shown in my screenshot

Screenshot 2023-02-13 193250.png

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/fresco/using/colors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

This worked by changing the original fill setting of 32 to 0. Apologies the original response you provided I read on my mobile which didn't show the snips of the fill settings

Thanks again for help, really appreciated

Francis 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries, glad I could help!

Happy drawing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines