Fresco 5.0.0 deleting imported brushes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fresco raster brush issue  

see video above. 
running Fresco 5.0 on iPad Pro 12.9 6th Gen M2 running iPadOS 17.0.2

My imported brushes cause the app to crash and when I restart it all the brushes are gone. This has happened multiple times. I'm trying to switch over from procreate and have spent a substantial sum on .abr brushes and I need this to work. 

TOPICS
Import , Performance , Pixel Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anthony_Eversole,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with Adobe Fresco and your imported brushes. It's indeed frustrating when your brushes cause the app to crash and result in the loss of all your brushes.

To address this problem, I recommend that you first update your Adobe Fresco to the latest version, which is 5.0.1. There might be bug fixes or improvements in this release that address the issue you've described.

After updating, please test the imported brushes again and see if the problem persists. Please let me know if you continue to experience crashes and brush loss. I will reach out to the Product team to investigate the issue and work on a solution.

I understand the importance of a smooth transition from Procreate and the investment you've made in your brushes. We are committed to resolving these issues to provide a more reliable and stable experience for its users.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope the update resolves the problem.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I had everything working okay for a few days, then when I upgraded I lost everything again and the original problem is back. I also found that some of my imported brushes wouldn't show up and are listed as unsupported. I'm not sure what causes that as they work great in Photoshop. I wish I'd known before I purchased. Is there something I should be looking out for specifically when purchasing brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anthony_Eversole I checked with the product team, and they said there could be a small delay in displaying libraries after an upgrade. This is because the app needs to sync them. Additionally, the stability and speed of your network can also affect this process.

Could you try waiting for a few minutes to see if the imported brushes appear in the library? If they don't reappear, please share the brushes file so we can investigate the issue further. Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same iPad Pro M2 (purchased Dec 31 2023) ... working with Fresco.  imported photoshop-supported brushes. Worked for a day. next day, freezes up the program.  restart. brushes are gone. incredibly frustrating, especially when the brushes come from straight from https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/brushes.html .... 

Does it matter if i browse to my dropbox folder and add them from there (when "importing" brushes)?  assuming it's pulling a copy to a local presets folder or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you let the brushes upload themselves into the app? I know it's time consuming when it does, but it might help.  BTW, how much free storage do you have? I know Fresco with all of my brushes takes an almost obscene amount of storage 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines