• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco Freezing and crashing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i'm having issues with Fresco lagging, then freezing, then crashing. Sometimes it auto saves and other times not so i have to redo the work that was lost. I have the latest Apple ipad and pencil to it's not an equipment issue.  I have a project due soon and am not able to complete because of this issue. please help.

joni taylor

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @joni_taylor,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to try restarting your iPad and check if it helps. Also, try removing and reinstalling Fresco and share your observations with us.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I restarted my iPad, removed and reinstalled Fresco multiple times which helps for less than one miniute and then it crashes. I have tried multiple orderes in which i perform these proceedures, but inevitably, it lags, freezes and then crashes. I should also mention that prior to yesterday, I was a free user but thought maybe that was the issue, so I subscribed but that has not helped. Can you please assist - I'm in the middle of a large project due at the end of this month and I have wasted a week dealing with this issue.

Thanks!

Joni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav,

Just wondering if you received my response above? I'm still having issues and am having to delete the app then reinstal continually. As you can imagine this is extrememly frustrating espesially as I'm under a time-crunch with my current project.

I just lost a whole 2 days work because it crashed and it didn't auto save to my creative cloud! Can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @joni_taylor,

Sorry for the late response. I would suggest you connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Kindly update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you have the latest iPad,  but which iPad do you have?  I ask, because there are drastically different capabilities with each iPad. For example, the iPad Air and iPad Pros have 8GB of RAM, with the 1-2 TB models of the Pro having 16 GB of RAM, the current Mini has 4 GB of RAM and the base model of iPad only has 3 GB of RAM.  Also,  how much available storage do you have? Because that can affect performance as well.  Though its not an Adobe product,  Procreate has often told its users to make sure at least 15% of the device's storage is free, because less than that could affect performance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your response. I have the 12.9" iPad Pro with iPadOS 15.5, 5th gen with 156GB (of which 128GB is still available), bought two months ago. Plus I also have iCloud with 114GB available and Creative Cloud with 4GB available. Prior to this I had the iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen and Fresco worked wonderfully with it). I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware issue -- I think it's a sofware issue.

I'd be happy to discuss this over the phone if that would help expidite the resolve.

Thank you,

Joni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, wondering if you received my response above? I'm still having issues and am having to delete the app then reinstal continually. As you can imagine this is extrememly frustrating espesially as I'm under a time-crunch with my current project. I just lost a whole 2 days work because it crashed and it didn't auto save to my creative cloud! Can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joni, did you ever get this issue to stop? I have had the same one for about a year and it has only gotten worse. If you found a fix please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, Fresco is freezing in the middle of my drawing. Can continu drawing but all the other buttons won't work. After a while things start working again. Mutiple restarts/re-installs. Anybody got a solution?

app is unworkable right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens to me also. I close the app and restart. All drawing is saved and I can continue. Workable but not optimal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines