• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco freezing when tool switching - iPad

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered some serious issues with Fresco freezing. 

It normally happens when I am tool switching. Most of the time it's from a vector brush and trying to tap on Transform, Eraser, or the Type Tool. This error happens literally every time I want to tool switch. Fresco is basically unusable to me right now, which sucks as I'm a professional and this is my workflow. The only way around it is to swip up on my ipad, exit the program, and come back. Only then can I tool switch, and it's MOST of the time. Sometimes I have to close the program and reopen it in order to tool switch.  

Example. I'll be using a vector round brush to draw, then I'll want to transform something, so I'll try to tap on the transform tool and can't. Everything on the screen is frozen, except:

• my ability to keep using that selected round brush tool
  • I can long press to eyedrop change color
  • I can move the cancvas

I can't tap on other tools, I can't select layers. I have to exit the program and then come back to reset it. I thought maybe it was a memory lag and tried waiting to see if Fresco could "catch up" and that didn't work either.

I can't figure out a cause. This happens on all pf my canvases/projects. It happens on a basic canvas with 1 layer and it happens on a canvas with many many layers and multiple types of brushes and elements. I have restarted my iPad. I have checked for Apple and Adobe updates. I have closed all programs except fresco. I have signed out and signed back in. There is plenty of memory and storage on the device available.

I have no fix for this, and I'm fed up. This is my livelihood and it's been happening for weeks. Anyone else have the same issue or a fix? 

TOPICS
Performance , Tools , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Fresco v5.2 is now available in the App Store and should have the fix for this issue.

Thank you for your patience, and apologies again to those affected by this bug.

Frank Stokes-Guinan

Adobe Fresco Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you've checked for updates to apps and tried a device restart. Have you also tried an uninstall/reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, repeatedly. This does not help or fix it. The issue seems to be with vector brushes, not the app as a whole or Adobe CC or the iPad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @emilymills,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. Would you mind sharing the crash report by following these steps so we can check it with our team:

• Open iPad Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data. You will see file names like “JetSam-2023-01-03-083327.ips” (2023-01-03 is the date in the log & 083327 is the time). Ensure you share the recent log file after the crash by looking at the timestamp.
  • Upload the file to (https://assets.adobe.com) and share a link to the file here or via DM

We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no crashes. The program freezes and does not crash. Will this work if the program is freezing up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @emilymills,

Sorry for the delayed response. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly check if Fresco behaves this way with only some files. If yes, kindly share a link to the file (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html#:~:text=Share%20links%20to%20a%20cloud%20docu...) here so we can check it on our end.

Also, share the exact iPad model, version of the iPadOS and Fresco installed, and a screen recording of the problem (https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/take-a-screenshot-or-screen-recording-ipad08a40f3b/ipados), so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem persists. I have outlined your requests in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco-discussions/can-t-switch-tools-program-freezes-desperate-for-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having exactly the same issue. Did you find a solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no solution as of yet! The problem is still happening for me on every file.  Adobe can't seem to offer any advice other than the same old "log out, restart" business that never works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've tried all that too, and uninstalled/reinstalled.
It's happening on every file for me too. Only when using the vector brush - Using any vector brush locks/freezes all the buttons on the interface preventing tool switching.

Interestingly, I find that a two finger undo tap unlocks it for me. So does holding the shortcut button and erasing with brush (this is my current workaround, so I don't have to keep tapping out of the app). Hope that might be some help for you too.

I've tested older files created before this was an issue, and it now happens in them too. (This issue has only started for me in the past month). I've also logged out and had a friend login with their adobe id on my iPad and it is still happening. So clearly not file or account related. My guess is that an operating file has been corrupted during Adobes last update to the product. Hopefully they figure it out and fix it soon. 
I'll keep troubleshooting it and let you know if I figure anything out. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear it's widespread- I'll definitely try those workarounds, so thanks for the tips! 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco-discussions/can-t-switch-tools-program-freezes-desperate-for-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? I have been dealing with the same problems. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not! I've followed all advice from Adobe and nothing works. The problem seems to be isolated to vector brushes, but there doesn't seem to be any update from Adobe. It's gotten so buggy I've had to switch back to ProCreate.
I've tried:

• Restarting iPad
  • Deleting Adobe CC Fresco app and reinstalling
  • Restarting Adobe CC on my desktop
  • Closing the app and reopening it

None of these methods seem to be helpful because it's clearly a Fresco vector issue that can't be fixed with a refresh. Hoping Adobe gets this fixed ASAP!

Please upvote this post and others like it so Adobe can see this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @emilymills@ivil30165063@Rachel5EA5,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes.

If you're using a Windows computer, kindly try reinstalling the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and set the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Fresco (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-110) to check if it helps?

If the issue persists, kindly share the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team.

If you're using Fresco on an iPad or an iPhone, kindly check if the OS installed is up to date (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204) and share the crash report so that we can investigate this further:

• Open iPad Settings > Privacy & Security > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data. You will see file names like “JetSam-2023-01-03-083327.ips” (2023-01-03 is the date in the log & 083327 is the time). Ensure you share the recent log file after the crash by looking at the timestamp.
  • Upload the file to (https://assets.adobe.com) and share a link to the file here or via DM.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've mentioned on your other replies, there is no crashing.
I cannot get a crash report because there IS NO CRASHING, and therefore no crash report. The program only freezes, so this feedback is not helpful, and I don't feel heard- it's like you haven't read any of my posts or the replies saying they are struggling with the same issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @emilymills,

We're sorry for the trouble. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It's well described by Emily. It started a few months ago and happens on every file.

I hope this will be resolved soon. The vector brush is the best part of Fresco for me and this bug is a big workflow killer. Is this problem being worked on in Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jan Heylen,

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing freezing issues while using Fresco. In order to assist you better, could you please provide us with the make and model of your device, the OS and Fresco versions, and a screen recording of the problem? This will help us investigate the issue further with our team.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav,

Thx for your reply.

The information your requesting:
App Version: 4.6.1.4.6.1.2093 (64-bit)
OS Version: 16.4.1
Device Model: iPad Pro 3 (12.9") (iPad8,6)

I dont think a screen recording has much use. There is nothing to record.
The problem is that when using the vector brush the entire user interface becomes frozen after a short while. This happens in all files. The only thing still possible is:
1. Keep using the vector brush
2. Undo with two fingers

Regards,
Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I have exactly the same problem and only started a couple of months ago. I've been using fresco for at least two years and loved it but nothing works because I have tried all the same things that everybody else has tried and gone to what is called Technical Support and that is not even working, as I can't find anything or anyone to talk to it seems like we're all going around in circles and Adobe doesn't seem to realize that this is very important for those of us who are making a living with this particular app. Does anyone have any further updates? I've just joined this chat group community . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @roger ricco@bill30658460w23w@Jan Heylen,

We're sorry for the trouble. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue!    iOS is current.   Really sucks!   Almost unusable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's become unusable to me and I switched back to Procreate and just told clients I can't do vector right now. Thanks for nothing, Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a similar issue. Fresco keeps freezing constantly. Not just when using the vector brush but with any tool used. Every few minutes (maybe roughly every 2 minutes), Fresco freezes for about half a minute. After each freeze, it doesn't crash usually but resumes again. For about 2 minutes and then it freezes again. This is not just highly annoying and interrupting for the workflow, but it makes the use of this app inefficient, as it prolongs the time an artwork can be finished. This issue started about 2 months ago. I have used Fresco for over a year and had no issues with it.

I am working on an ipad 8th generation, have the latest OS, have plenty of free space on the device, no other apps running in the background, a good internet connection. I have tried deinstalling and reinstalling Fresco. Nothing worked so far. Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines