• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fresco imports vector layers as merged pixel background image?

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a frustrating issue: I create layered vector illustrations in fresco and send them to desktop illustrator for a few last tweaks. Ever since updating Illustrator to 2022, Fresco chooses one of my vector groups to export as vectors, and all other layers are merged together as one locked pixel background image. What's the deal? I've never had issues getting all of my layers imported before.

I have seen other posts saying the "simplify" experimental feature might be turned on. That's not the case for me. I see that setting, but I can't tick it on or off.

Fresco: 3.0.1

Illustrator: 26.0

Exporting to illustrator > desktop. Desktop is an iMac running Big Sur 11.6

In this case, each circle is a layer group. I'm only getting one circle as a vector layer. The rest are grouped together and pixels. Screenshots below from iPad and desktop Illustrator.

TOPICS
Layers , Performance , Publish & export , Vector Brushes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw another post about groups with masks being converted to pixels. That's probably my issue! Would love if this "feature" was resolved and illustrator could see the layers like Fresco does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• Is the issue related to a specific document?
  • Could you please share the download link of this Fresco document here or via DM with us? We will take a look at it.
  • What happens when you export this Fresco document as a PDF and then open the PDF in Illustrator?
  • What kind of mask was it? Was it a clipping mask or mask with the Selection tool?
  • Was this working earlier, and is it not working now?

Note: We have added support for opening Fresco vector layers with raster masks and clipping masks as native layers in AI 2022 v26.0.1.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too and its really frustrating! Spent mny days illustrating in fresco in vectors and now I can't import to illustrator. Every attempt converts the entire document to a raster image. Whats changed? I have been working like this for months and suddenly the transition from fresco to illustrator seems impossible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @FREQ,

Sorry to hear about that. As I confirmed above, "Send to AI" now supports clipping masks.
However, this works only when all layers involved in clipping masks are vector layers, and all of them have blend mode as normal. If that is not the case, I would suggest you share the document with me and ensure "anyone with the link can view" & "Save a copy" is enabled.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines